Reviews, and the proverbial carrot

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Mar 15th, '10, 15:18

Reviews, and the proverbial carrot

by EleanorJustice » Mar 15th, '10, 15:18

If this is a redundant thread, my apologies. I've been randomly sifting through some of the threads and I notice a theme that's near and dear to my heart: reviews, or rather, the lack of them.

I was wondering if folks knew that Adagio gives you 5 points towards free tea for each review you write? So basically, if you've purchased twenty different teas, and you write a few lines letting folks know how it tasted, you've earned yourself a whole tin of another blend. Or the same one, or whatever you want to use your points for, really. When you redeem them, Adagio sends you a gift certificate code via email, so you can spend it on anything on the site.

They say:
"Please take a few moments to write a brief review of our teas. We would like to add this information to our web pages to make shopping for tea an easier experience for others. We appreciate your input, and will add 5 frequent cup points for each review you complete."
That's pretty awesome, right there. And since I didn't notice it for a while, I thought I'd point it out. Pass it on!

Mar 19th, '10, 16:21

Re: Reviews, and the proverbial carrot

by xine » Mar 19th, '10, 16:21

We recently made this change (recently maybe 6-8 months? my memory fails me sometimes). Our previous incentive for leaving reviews was that you had to be ready to place your order, then write your review- each review would be a 50 cent coupon, maximum of 3.00 worth of coupons. It was a bit frustrating for customers and staff alike, so we came up with this new solution, which I find way easier for customers to remember. Plus it gives you the flexibility to leave reviews whenever you're ready (as opposed to waiting for your next order), and your points won't expire, like the coupons would in your shopping cart.

Hope everyone checks this out under your account! Thanks, EleanorJustice!

xine/Christine

Mar 19th, '10, 20:52

by Ebtoulson » Mar 19th, '10, 20:52

Yes I actually noticed the change last month and was really glad/relieved because I never remembered to write the review before an order. I also like the addition of the thumbs up or down rating on reviews.

Mar 19th, '10, 23:49

by EleanorJustice » Mar 19th, '10, 23:49

xine wrote: ...so we came up with this new solution, which I find way easier for customers to remember. Plus it gives you the flexibility to leave reviews whenever you're ready (as opposed to waiting for your next order), and your points won't expire
The way it is now is definitely handy -- it's a fabulous system, and I had no idea it was so new. Kudos for setting it up so well!
xine wrote:Hope everyone checks this out under your account! Thanks, EleanorJustice!
My pleasure!

Mar 24th, '10, 14:54

by silvermage2000 » Mar 24th, '10, 14:54

Thank you I did not realize this.

Apr 29th, '10, 14:02

by karia » Apr 29th, '10, 14:02

thanks for this thread. i didnt notice the change at all. i had just stop writing reviews because it was so hard to remember. but this way is 100X better. i placed two orders in two weeks but i dont mind writing reviews after the order ships because i still get points. thanks for the info!!

Jul 21st, '10, 10:31

by EleanorJustice » Jul 21st, '10, 10:31

karia wrote:thanks for this thread. i didnt notice the change at all. i had just stop writing reviews because it was so hard to remember. but this way is 100X better. i placed two orders in two weeks but i dont mind writing reviews after the order ships because i still get points. thanks for the info!!
You're so welcome! I hope more folks notice it -- it's pretty generous, and one of the delightful "everybody wins" situations Adagio seems to be good at creating.

+ Post Reply