Anyone else dig Silver, Snowbud, but not W. Peony ?

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Jun 29th, '09, 17:03

by Sam. » Jun 29th, '09, 17:03

Hmm, can't read Chinese. :lol: Do you? Is the tea well priced? How does white peony cake taste versus loose white peony - is it just as good? I'm just interested in what exactly this is!

Jun 29th, '09, 17:43
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jun 29th, '09, 17:43

The price for the one I got as a gift is around 680 RMB. And its going towards a red tea taste.... The more it aged, the more Eastern Beauty style it taste. Just guess the direction this is going thru my experience, but could be wrong.

Mar 19th, '10, 18:07

Re: Anyone else dig Silver, Snowbud, but not W. Peony ?

by plant partaker » Mar 19th, '10, 18:07

id have to say when i first brewed white peony ididnt like it it was drinkable but nothing was great about it so i experimented and used boiled water and let it steep for 7 minutes the only difference was the temperature and have to say i like it better with boiled water the smell was great like a honey crisp smell and the taste is awesome i enjoy it this way so if theres a tea that you dont like just experiment try it with boiled water steep it the same amount and see what you get :wink:

Mar 19th, '10, 22:47

by debunix » Mar 19th, '10, 22:47

In my experience, Bai Mu Dan has a strongly peachy fruity flavor that sometimes appeals to me and sometimes does not, that is absent or strongly muted in Silver Needle and other white teas that I've had.

It wasn't a matter of a good or bad batch, or a good or bad infusion of the same tea--just a flavor element that I'm rather ambivalent about.

Mar 20th, '10, 00:25
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Mar 20th, '10, 00:25

plant partaker wrote:id have to say when i first brewed white peony ididnt like it it was drinkable but nothing was great about it so i experimented and used boiled water and let it steep for 7 minutes the only difference was the temperature and have to say i like it better with boiled water the smell was great like a honey crisp smell and the taste is awesome i enjoy it this way so if theres a tea that you dont like just experiment try it with boiled water steep it the same amount and see what you get :wink:

themainthingisnottooversteeptheteaandespeciallynottousewaterthatistooho-tbecauseinsteadofbrewingtheteaitwilljuststewtheleavesthatiswhenyoustart-gettingthatbadfrozenspinachtasteifyouknowwhatimeannobodywantsthatwha-totherwhiteteashaveyoutrieddidyouorderfromadagioorfromothervendorsth-erearesomegreatvendorsinthevendorsectionofteachatbutforwhiteteayouwa-nttomakesureitisfreshiftheleaveslookyellowishorbrownishitmeanstheyareto-oolditishelpfulwhenvendorsstatewhichharvesttheteaisfromihopethathelps

Mar 20th, '10, 02:04

by plant partaker » Mar 20th, '10, 02:04

that's the only white tea i purchased from them what would you recommend i try

Mar 20th, '10, 02:04
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Mar 20th, '10, 02:04

:roll:

Mar 20th, '10, 02:10

by plant partaker » Mar 20th, '10, 02:10

um I'm fairly new to tea so I'm not sure what to try so any info would be helpful thanks

Mar 21st, '10, 08:09

by Sententia » Mar 21st, '10, 08:09

I think the white teas are the best teas from Adagio. I've had some Oolong's from them that I love, but the Silver Needle and Snowbud are my favorite. I love White Symphony, and Peony sometimes.

Mar 21st, '10, 12:17

by plant partaker » Mar 21st, '10, 12:17

thanks for the recommendations i will have to give those a shot

+ Post Reply