anyone else have a tea notebook?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Mar 21st, '10, 23:38

anyone else have a tea notebook?

by Michael_C » Mar 21st, '10, 23:38

I've been keeping a notebook about tea for years, filled with reviews, brewing notes, tea related travel essays and recipes, even a few photos and labels.

Does anyone else keep tea notes? It can be fun to look back at some of the past teas and remember the where and why of drinking them. It's neat also to see the difference between harvests of the same tea over time.

Anyone else?

Mar 22nd, '10, 02:11
Vendor Member

Re: anyone else have a tea notebook?

by IPT » Mar 22nd, '10, 02:11

Oh yes! I have volumes. I have my personal ones and ones for my teashops too. I think it's a really great way to not only keep stock of your teas and how they are aging, but also memories of tea trips, tea sessions with friends, and how much you paid for things and where you bought them. Mine are also filled with photos, notes, and tea leaves I've picked from ancient trees.

Mar 22nd, '10, 02:21

by debunix » Mar 22nd, '10, 02:21

I've been writing about teas here and in other forums, but it's not always easy to find notes on a particular tea, especially regarding the infusions that I'd rather forget than discuss in public.

I'm feeling my way towards a more organized format; about all I'm sure of is that it will be on my computer, so that I can more easily search it and append entries as I get better at working with particular teas.

Mar 22nd, '10, 12:06

by Amaikokonut » Mar 22nd, '10, 12:06

I'm in the process of designing a "tea journal" sort of thing, a little book meant to be small enough to fit in a handbag that has little forms on each page for date/tea/temperature/steeping time and plenty of room for notes, as well as little tea-related quotes on each page, just to be cute. It's still in the layout phase right now but I do believe it will see a lot of use when I am finished designing/printing/binding it.... in about six years, with my schedule :lol:

Right now though, as I keep a general diary, most of my tea-related notes end up woven into that. It's not very organized, and I have a hard time later if I'm looking for notes on a particular tea, but it certainly gives my tea experiences plenty of context.

Mar 22nd, '10, 20:25

by LauraW » Mar 22nd, '10, 20:25

I need one. I've been thinking about it for a couple weeks now. Just need to start doing it.

Mar 22nd, '10, 22:37
Vendor Member

by IPT » Mar 22nd, '10, 22:37

That's the biggest part. Once you start, it's fun and easy to keep going.

Mar 29th, '10, 10:42

by nonc_ron » Mar 29th, '10, 10:42

I don't have a note book. But I do have notepad... feature on my computer. (It works OK, as long as I'm at home)
It's the best way I know of to keep track of my Pu-erh.
Where I bought it, how much I paid and what box I've hidden it in.

Mar 29th, '10, 11:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Mar 29th, '10, 11:34

Chip and I record our morning tea, the brewing vessel, and the cup or cups we use each day.

This is not really a TeaNotebook per se, just a nice record of our time spent together with tea and teawares!!! :wink:

Mar 29th, '10, 21:24
Vendor Member

by IPT » Mar 29th, '10, 21:24

That sounds like a tea notebook to me. I do the same thing.

Mar 30th, '10, 10:17

by Skippyandjif » Mar 30th, '10, 10:17

Oh, wow, thank you for the excellent idea! I really ought to start doing that, instead of just keeping mental records... (And I want to be a scientist. Oy. :lol: )

Mar 30th, '10, 10:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Mar 30th, '10, 10:28

IPT wrote:That sounds like a tea notebook to me. I do the same thing.
Guess you are right. Each one of us may have different ideas on the contents of the TeaNotebook!

At first I envisioned it to be a notebook for tea varietals,
place of purchase{s}, brewing parameters, aromas, tastes ...

However, I now agree that the 'TeaNotebook' is a personal journal about TEA and our experiences with it, wherever that may take us. Thanks IPT for the insight. :)

May 6th, '10, 17:25

by Mernak » May 6th, '10, 17:25

Yeah, I plan to make a small notebook (1/4 of a letter size paper per sheet) in japanese bookbinding style once I am finished with finals and get the materials. I am just going to record basic stuff, name, brand, notes...etc.

May 24th, '10, 01:29

by Cael » May 24th, '10, 01:29

Since I started thinking about making a tea blog a few weeks ago I have been thinking about carrying around a tea notebook so I can hold onto my thoughts no matter where I try a new tea. Also I would probably find myself adding other tea notes to it if I did. Unfortunately, right now the answer is that no I don't carry a tea notebook.

+ Post Reply