Apr 3rd, '07, 20:59

Small problem with the IngenuiTEA

by cbalmain » Apr 3rd, '07, 20:59

First, let me state that I LOVE my IngenuiTEA teapot. It's so convenient for using at work, and it adds that little bit of needed eccentricity to the whole "tea" experience.

My only problem is that I find it REALLY hard to put the filter back in after taking it out. I was hoping to remove it and rinse it out after each use, but I simply cannot get it back in - I have to get my wife, who has slightly smaller hands and infinitely more patience, to do it. It seems like it's just a little too big to fit back in easily.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it that big of a deal if the filter isn't removed between each use?

Apr 3rd, '07, 22:21

by leiche » Apr 3rd, '07, 22:21

You could always drop the filter back in, and use a spoon or something to shift it into place. It's not a very convenient solution, of course, but it would work.

I think that as long as you're rinsing the pot/filter out really well, there's no reason to actually remove the filter unless you're doing an in depth wash.

Apr 6th, '07, 22:31

Filter

by Princess Tea » Apr 6th, '07, 22:31

Yes, I just picked one of these up too and love it. I have never removed the filter unless something was lodge in it. I have placed warm, soapy water in it and let it soak overnight, then rinsed the next morning, and have place it in the upper rack of the dishwasher, but haven't removed the filter. I'm not sure there's a need to, but I could be wrong.

Just my two-cents.
H
H

<i>"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."</i> ~C.S. Lewis

Apr 7th, '07, 01:49

by TeaFanatic » Apr 7th, '07, 01:49

Perhaps you should just run the filter under cold water for 15-20 seconds and then try to put it back in place. If that doesn't work, maybe you should just send adagio an email or talk on live chat and ask for a replacement. They're pretty good about sending a replacement filter if the first doesn't fit.
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Apr 10th, '07, 15:20

by Jacqcat » Apr 10th, '07, 15:20

My filter pops out all the time! I have to hold it down while I poor the water... so I'm constantly having to fully flush it out because sometimes it just floats up into the ingeniutea and the leaves get into the mechanism at the bottom

I love the ingenuitea but I just got a Bodum Assam tea pot and it's the biz. :wink:
--------------------
Hi! I'm new :-)

May 28th, '07, 22:42

filter pops out while pouring tea

by rofl88 » May 28th, '07, 22:42

I love this gadget!! My main challenge is finding a large enough cup with a small enough mouth. I have ONE which works perfectly. Sometimes I use a teapot.

My filter pops out while I'm pouring tea. It's kind of annoying. I've found very few leaves make it into the cup anyway because the hole is so small and I'm using large leaf tea. If a leaf gets stuck in the apparatus, the gadget leaks but it's not hard to clear it out. I pull out the filter in order to clean out the leaves. (I have to get them into the compost because I have a septic and not allowed to install a disposal in my sink.) I just read that whole leaf tea can handle multiple infusions, so I'm going to try using it twice before throwing out the leaves.

I tried a sampler of strawberry/rooisbos tea. I disliked it. My subsequent black tea infusion the next morning tasted of strawberry. I threw all the pieces into the top rack of the dishwasher and it came out good. I'm thinking I might keep the infuser only for black tea in the future though....

May 29th, '07, 11:35

by xine » May 29th, '07, 11:35

Hi Rofl! Have you tried pouring hot water into the ingenuiTEA, like other conventional teapots? Sometimes my filter pops out, but if I heat my water up separately (which I prefer to do, as my microwave can be tempermental), and pour it in, the filter stays put.

Also, the ingenuiTEA fits on any sized mug- I have this huge 24oz mug that I drink my tea out of and I rest one part of the lift-up plate on the mug, and it drains out fine. Hope this helps!

+ Post Reply