Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)


Artisans share their TeawareArt.

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby bonjiri » Apr 6th, '10, 06:04

chris

the pink shino is absolutely amazing

cool

u up for a trade ?

c
User avatar
bonjiri
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: May 2nd, '0
Location: honolulu

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Chip » Apr 6th, '10, 12:49

bonjiri wrote:chris

the pink shino is absolutely amazing

cool

u up for a trade ?

c

Yes it is! There will be a special announcement about this coincidentally in a few days! Stay tuned!
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22159
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Victoria » Apr 6th, '10, 13:30

chicagopotter wrote:In case you are wondering how I throw my tea cups: http://lillstreetclay.blogspot.com/2010/04/hump-day.html


Great video, what a beautiful cup! I really like the new styles. The flared shape has always been a favorite for me.
User avatar
Victoria
 
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 8th, '0
Location: Southern CA

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Geekgirl » Apr 6th, '10, 14:09

AAAAHHH! Pink Shino? Special offer? I can only hope. :)
User avatar
Geekgirl
 
Posts: 2700
Joined: May 31st, '
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Victoria » Apr 6th, '10, 14:40

+1 Me too!!
User avatar
Victoria
 
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 8th, '0
Location: Southern CA

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Margules » Apr 6th, '10, 16:24

Geekgirl wrote:AAAAHHH! Pink Shino? Special offer? I can only hope. :)



They are already available in the store in the link below the video. Only $10, including shipping, as well.
User avatar
Margules
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Oct 26th, '

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Geekgirl » Apr 6th, '10, 17:53

Dude nowai! thanks! :lol:
User avatar
Geekgirl
 
Posts: 2700
Joined: May 31st, '
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Chip » Apr 6th, '10, 18:21

OK, this is forcing my hand a bit. I wanted to do a big announcement thingy. Please read carefully. Thanks.

The fact is, I have begun working with our TAs to create special offers for TCers. A few months ago, Chris and I began working on creating the very first TA SO. Everything really clicked as his "pink shino" was hands down the perfect glaze for this SO, and the shapes and styles were easily worked out.

So, bottom line, there will be a BUNCH of Special Offer runs of these pink shino-s. From Guinomi to Chawan!!! The shapes will be summery, tapered. These are all pretty new for Chris, and he has embraced the challenge with lots of enthusiasm! I know you will be extremely pleased.

Please do not bother Chris in his creative mode and ask for sneak peaks. The pieces will be posted very soon for all to see by your friendly Mod! :mrgreen:

There will be an excellent selection ... the theme is "Sakura!"

So, take a deep breath and relax ... the first TC/TA SO is coming very soon.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22159
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby geeber1 » Apr 6th, '10, 18:43

I am going to start saving my pennies. I have one of Chris's yunomis and it's awesome. :D
User avatar
geeber1
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Jun 17th, '
Location: Oregon

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Chip » Apr 6th, '10, 19:14

Please do! These will be extremely nice, I predict! Chris will be posting hopefully tonight to just fill in some of the blanks ... but not all. Patience grasshoppas!

This SO is quite different from the Hagi SOs in that we have the TA right here to discuss the SO as well! :mrgreen: I hope he will enlighten us.

BTW, Chris was a logical first TA SO since he also approached me when I was still working on the conceptual planning.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22159
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby chicagopotter » Apr 6th, '10, 23:46

Margules wrote:They are already available in the store in the link below the video. Only $10, including shipping, as well.


That is true. However, some of the pieces I am working on for the TA SO may be similar in shape, the decoration will be exclusive to TC and not available anywhere else. Without tipping my hand, and as Chip has stated, I've gone in more of a refreshingly experimental direction in my attempt to create something that captures the essence of the changing seasons.
User avatar
chicagopotter
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Apr 28th, '
Location: Chicago

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby IPT » Apr 6th, '10, 23:59

Chip wrote:Please do! These will be extremely nice, I predict! Chris will be posting hopefully tonight to just fill in some of the blanks ... but not all. Patience grasshoppas!

This SO is quite different from the Hagi SOs in that we have the TA right here to discuss the SO as well! :mrgreen: I hope he will enlighten us.

BTW, Chris was a logical first TA SO since he also approached me when I was still working on the conceptual planning.


Oooh! How exciting! I can't wait!
User avatar
IPT
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 1556
Joined: Nov 13th, '
Location: Guilin, Guangxi China

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Geekgirl » Apr 7th, '10, 00:23

chicagopotter wrote:Without tipping my hand, and as Chip has stated, I've gone in more of a refreshingly experimental direction in my attempt to create something that captures the essence of the changing seasons.


I can't wait!
User avatar
Geekgirl
 
Posts: 2700
Joined: May 31st, '
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Margules » Apr 7th, '10, 00:35

chicagopotter wrote:
Margules wrote:They are already available in the store in the link below the video. Only $10, including shipping, as well.


That is true. However, some of the pieces I am working on for the TA SO may be similar in shape, the decoration will be exclusive to TC and not available anywhere else. Without tipping my hand, and as Chip has stated, I've gone in more of a refreshingly experimental direction in my attempt to create something that captures the essence of the changing seasons.



I didn't actually see Chip's post before I posted that, I just noticed that a lot of people liked that glaze and pointed out where they could get a piece in that style.

I'm sure that you and Chip have something special in mind for the SO, and I'm excited to see what you've come up with.
User avatar
Margules
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Oct 26th, '

Re: Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Postby Victoria » Apr 7th, '10, 07:39

Thanks Chris!! We are very excited to see!
User avatar
Victoria
 
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 8th, '0
Location: Southern CA

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation