Tea Party

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

Tea Party

Postby lisafahey » Apr 8th, '10, 17:28

Something about tea party venues ... every time I attend a tea-inspired gathering, I walk away with new energy, a sense of calm. What a great way to slow down for a moment, and really breath. They are a great way for us to come together with family and friends to catch up, enjoy great food, and of course a wonderful cup of tea!

A few years ago my Aunt started a tradition and throws an annual Mother, Daughter, Grand-Daughter Tea for about 20-30 guests. Her grand-daughter GiGi, who is 9 years old, helps with the planning of the invitations, the selection of the menu items, and the favors. Tea Traditions (www.ttraditions), a local catering company, provides delicious tea sandwiches, scones, lemon curd, bundt cakes (and other dishes), along with beautiful antique tableware. The silver tea sets, beautiful one-of-a-kind tea cups, 3-tier plate stands, and linens set a beautiful table.

The ambiance of the tableware is so beautiful that it takes your breath away, and the food is so good one cannot stop eating those finger sandwiches! This year, my aunt hired a young woman to sing and play the acustic guitar. She entertained us for about 25 minutes before we sat down for tea.

What an incredible day...

Lisa of Willow Glen, CA
Tea Party.jpg
Tea Party.jpg (38.26 KiB) Viewed 954 times
lisafahey

Re: Tea Party

Postby Chip » Apr 14th, '10, 14:40

Thanks for sharing ... quite a different perspective. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Instant Messenger

Permissions