Bring Back 8oz?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Apr 25th, '10, 14:06

Bring Back 8oz?

by Capella » Apr 25th, '10, 14:06

Sometimes I want more tea than 4oz and less than 16. Is there a plan to bring back 8oz bags at some point, or will I need to just order 2 4oz bags?

Apr 25th, '10, 14:10
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Bring Back 8oz?

by Chip » Apr 25th, '10, 14:10

Capella, here is a current topic related to your question. How about posting there?

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12226

Thanks! :mrgreen:

May 8th, '10, 17:59

by Davey » May 8th, '10, 17:59

Chip wrote:Capella, here is a current topic related to your question. How about posting there?

Perhaps if an answer had been given in that thread -- which was started almost 3 months ago -- then Capella wouldn't have felt the need to start a new one.

It's a simple question.

May 8th, '10, 19:58

by Chip » May 8th, '10, 19:58

Davey wrote:
Chip wrote:Capella, here is a current topic related to your question. How about posting there?

Perhaps if an answer had been given in that thread -- which was started almost 3 months ago -- then Capella wouldn't have felt the need to start a new one.

It's a simple question.
Actually the simple answer to the simple question was posted in the other topic on 3/4/10 by Adagio employee extrordinare Xine. :mrgreen:

BTW, I was attempting to assist Capella. I am just a simple Moderator ...

May 8th, '10, 20:37

by Davey » May 8th, '10, 20:37

Chip wrote:Actually the simple answer to the simple question was posted in the other topic on 3/4/10 by Adagio employee extrordinare Xine. :mrgreen:
Hi Chip --

The original question in that thread:
I may have missed this in my search for an answer, but is there any indication when (or if) the 8oz size of certain teas will be available again?
The answer you refer to:
We are transitioning to resealable bags, and away from tins in the upcoming months. We have discontinued this particular large tin size though, since our manufacturer has stopped making this size. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

The question was about "size", the answer about "tins". What about 8 oz bags?

I placed an order recently for an item that showed availability of either a 4 oz bag or a 16 oz bag. I wanted 8 but decided to order the 16 rather than two 4's. Then I was surprised to receive two 8 oz bags. These were plain brown, non-resealable bags, so I don't think this is what Xine referred to. But there's no doubt that there is such a thing as an 8 oz bag.

So, sorry, but Capella's question about 8 oz bags has not been answered.

May 8th, '10, 20:45

by Chip » May 8th, '10, 20:45

Hi back at you Davey.

I just moderate the forum, so my answers are not from the source, Adagio. Xine is on vacation and would not be able to answer your questions for at least another week or so.

I see your confusion a little clearer now since you explained you had a personal experience.

Several of these questions were answered in various topics (one reason why I directed Capella to the other topic, less confusion from multiple topics), but of course since you are new to the forum, you would not know this.

I believe the plain brown bags you received are just temporary bags to tide them over til the new packaging is available.

Bottom line, I will contact someone at Adagio and ask them to respond since I am now obviously clueless. :lol:

May 8th, '10, 22:21

by Davey » May 8th, '10, 22:21

Thanks Chip --

I've been checking this forum once a week for months looking for additional information about the packaging. Like several other posters, I was very attached to the tins.

I asked a question about bag sizes in response to the item in the Announcements section but got no reply. I've also seen that Adagio will be selling tins, and Charles from TeaRetailer says that they are his tins, but no further description of them.

So while there are snippets of information around here, there's nothing that comes close to a comprehensive description of the changes and choices with the new packaging.

And the dates, when cited, are ambiguous. One indicated that Adagio will "start converting the entire product line in the middle of May". What does that mean? How long does it take to convert? I want to know when it's available.

I find myself needing to develop a "tea storage strategy". I never needed one before. I simply bought the tea in tins, and the only challenge was finding shelf space for them.

But handling and using loose tea in bags is for the birds. So I guess I need to buy some tins. But what size? Well, I need to know the size of the bags that I'll be buying. Or maybe I should wait for Charles' tins to be available, but when is that going to happen, and what do his look like?

So, I, too, am clueless.
:lol:

May 8th, '10, 22:38

by Chip » May 8th, '10, 22:38

Davey wrote:I find myself needing to develop a "tea storage strategy". I never needed one before. I simply bought the tea in tins, and the only challenge was finding shelf space for them.

So, I, too, am clueless. :lol:
Ahhhh, I see now, you suffer from TSA, Tea Storage Anxiety. You are in very good company on the forum. This is an oft discussed topic. :mrgreen: My cure was a TeaFridge ... dedicated to tea only. I can get just a bit OCD about tea storage. :lol:

Since we are both clueless, I will differ to higher authoriTeas. Hopefully they will have the answers you need.

What is in your cup?

Edit: I have emailed Ilya from Adagio since Xine is off this week.

May 10th, '10, 10:30
Adagio

by ilya » May 10th, '10, 10:30

Sorry about the lack of clarity on this topic. We had decided to reconfigure our packaging a few months ago and decided to discontinue the 8oz size at that time. For each tea we carry, we continued to sell 8oz tins/bags until we ran out and them removed it from the site. Since we carry ~200 different teas, as well as have 2 warehouses in the US, the transition took some time to work through the inventory. We also removed the 8oz option when we still has some inventory in stock and used these bags to fill some 16oz orders. We are expecting the new packaging to arrive in our NJ warehouse this week and are eager to begin offering our teas in these soon thereafter.

May 11th, '10, 17:49

by Davey » May 11th, '10, 17:49

Thanks Ilya.

There are also indications that you will be selling empty tins. What sizes? And what type ... latched, twist-off? When will they be available?

I can handle buying loose tea in bags, but it needs to go straight into a tin for me to store and use it. That's why I was hoping for 8 oz bags, which fit my current tins as well as my consumption rate.

+ Post Reply