Scales for retail and wholesale tea

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

Scales for retail and wholesale tea

Postby cinnabar » May 14th, '10, 16:14

What brand and type of scale is recommended for weighing quantities of bulk teas for packaging or direct customer sales? Aside from the need for accuracy and precision, it would be nice to be able to select multiple measurement systems (grams or ounces). Ideally the scale would include a vessel with a pouring spout or funnel-like end to make it easier to get the tea into bags or tins. I haven't been able to find anything that fits this description.
cinnabar

Re: Scales for retail and wholesale tea

Postby Chip » May 14th, '10, 16:35

MOD EDIT: I moved this topic to this forum since it was most appropriate. :mrgreen:

Scales are a very important aspect of the tea business. I know PA requires annual inspection of retail scales and certification annually, though I am not sure how this occurs.

I am sure the scale must meet certain requirements.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby cinnabar » May 14th, '10, 19:41

Thanks for moving the post (and I apologize for putting it an inappropriate place).

It seems like it would be easy to find the right type of scale, but I've been unsuccessful in my online searching so far.
cinnabar

Postby susann » Jul 19th, '10, 15:02

Just a thought, for retail, small quantity tea - if your scale has a flat surface, just put down a sheet of paper, then after weighing the tea, pick sides of paper up to 'funnel' into tin or bag. Hope that helps!
susann

Instant Messenger

Permissions