Source of Wei Shan Mao Jian

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

May 3rd, '10, 22:26

Source of Wei Shan Mao Jian

by chittychat » May 3rd, '10, 22:26

Does anyone know a source for Wei Shan Mao Jian a yellow tea? I am on my last 25 g and Teaspring will not carry it any longer. A search in the web yielded one vendor selling for $98.00 and I can't make out the quantity even. This is a very strong smoky tea not for the faint-hearted. It's my Saturday afternoon tea. I would miss it.

May 4th, '10, 22:53

Re: Source of Wei Shan Mao Jian

by Poohblah » May 4th, '10, 22:53

I tried googling as well and I found this site:
http://www.leafshop.co.uk/store/detail/ ... w_tea.html
It seems a little sketch since the fact that it is a wei shan mao jian is only a "detail" and not the main description of the tea and the packaging is not something I would expect of a tea vendor.

May 4th, '10, 23:30

by chittychat » May 4th, '10, 23:30

Thanks!
After a better search I saw that one too and I do not think it is the tea I am looking for.

Now I saw this one http://www.sellchinatea.com/. Looks like a sister company of Teaspring. :?: Same prices, sources, identical pictures.

May 5th, '10, 01:11

by Poohblah » May 5th, '10, 01:11

chittychat wrote:Thanks!
After a better search I saw that one too and I do not think it is the tea I am looking for.

Now I saw this one http://www.sellchinatea.com/. Looks like a sister company of Teaspring. :?: Same prices, sources, identical pictures.
I don't know if I would trust that website. The domain name is clearly designed to garner search engine results, the pictures and product descriptions are identical to teaspring, and they give no contact information besides an online form and the e-mail "service@sellchinatea.com"

May 5th, '10, 23:46

by chittychat » May 5th, '10, 23:46

That's exectly what I thought as well. I checked with Teaspring and they have nothing to do with this company which has even lifted the pictures from Teaspring which Teaspring says they are their own shots.

May 15th, '10, 03:53

by chittychat » May 15th, '10, 03:53

Happy :D to report that Teaspring put this tea again on the shelf. Previously I was told that they will not carry it any longer. I recommend this tea for those which love a strong lapsang sou chong. This is the ultimate smoky tea. I just had it. :) So beautiful.

May 15th, '10, 13:20

by Poohblah » May 15th, '10, 13:20

chittychat wrote:Happy :D to report that Teaspring put this tea again on the shelf. Previously I was told that they will not carry it any longer. I recommend this tea for those which love a strong lapsang sou chong. This is the ultimate smoky tea. I just had it. :) So beautiful.
I must try it, then!

May 17th, '10, 23:21

by chittychat » May 17th, '10, 23:21

Poohblah wrote:
chittychat wrote:Happy :D to report that Teaspring put this tea again on the shelf. Previously I was told that they will not carry it any longer. I recommend this tea for those which love a strong lapsang sou chong. This is the ultimate smoky tea. I just had it. :) So beautiful.
I must try it, then!
If you like it write a nice review so they will keep on the shelf. :)

Jun 12th, '10, 23:37

by chittychat » Jun 12th, '10, 23:37

I got my new order from Teaspring and tried this tea yesterday, Spring 2010. It was very nice and slightly milder than the 2009 harvest which made it actually even more pleasant to drink.

+ Post Reply