It's that time of the year...your help please :D

Completely off the Topic of Tea

It's that time of the year...your help please :D

Postby tomasini » May 8th, '07, 11:14

I have a freakin sore throat. I've been drinking morrocan mint with silverneedle and honey to try and ease my pain but it's not the most effective remedy..any suggestions? :D
tomasini

Postby Mary R » May 8th, '07, 13:20

A sore throat spray and a couple decongestants can do wonders...
Mary R

Postby tomasini » May 8th, '07, 14:24

call me oldfashioned but im not too big a fan of medicine...but if it gets worse than it already is i might just jump on some spray
tomasini

Postby Chip » May 8th, '07, 15:49

...warm salt water gargle is a miracle cure...and plenty of green tea, vit. C and Zinc...

This may sound disgusting but what the heck, just plain saline nasal spray has helped me a lot. I used to get terrible colds which would turn into even worse sinus infections every year. I use this spray several times a day, especially in the winter or any time I am feeling congested...I have not had a cold or sinus infection since. I have my theories on why this works, but I will not get into that here. 8)
Chip
Mod/Admin

HEHE

Postby hop_goblin » May 10th, '07, 16:32

Mary R wrote:A sore throat spray and a couple decongestants can do wonders...

Mary! HAHAHA
hop_goblin

Postby tea knitter » May 11th, '07, 01:10

I know you said you weren't a fan of meds, but you'd be amazed at the effectiveness of an aspirin - not to swallow whole, mind you, but to allow to dissolve in the back of your throat. It truly is a miracle cure, and even tho' it tastes sour for a minute, it's not nearly as bad as you may think. I have a had a sore throat this spring that has nearly killed me, but w/o any other allergic symptoms. I'm so glad I remembered this from my 1st grade teacher (I'm dating myself by revealing that I was in the 1st grade when they still allowed teachers to dispense OTC meds). Anyway, I wouldn't take more than one every few hours, but the relief is swift and immediate - no need to wait for it to get into your system like other pain relievers.
tea knitter

Instant Messenger

Permissions