Tuesday TeaDay 5/25/10 RealiTEA TeaV?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

RealiTEA TeaV. If the cameras were rolling in your home, how much of the time would a cup of tea be close at hand? Please share ...

Tea would be close at hand virtually all the time, including when I am asleep
4%
Tea would be close at hand virtually all the time
8%
I would say at least 75% of the waking hours
31%
50%
19%
25%
12%
10%
12%
5%
15%

Total votes: 26

May 25th, '10, 18:06

Re: Tuesday TeaDay 5/25/10 RealiTEA TeaV?

by Rithmomachy » May 25th, '10, 18:06

I mostly drink tea at work. I alomost always have a cup at hand when I'm working, though do go through cycles. Some times I may drink coffee for a while, especially if I get really busy or don't have any money. (Coffee at work is free and someone else makes it!)

Today, I'm drinking a 15 tear old hei cha ("fu" zhuang cha, or fu brick tea) from Mongolia that arrived yesterday from Yunnan Sourcing. The leaves look like they were raked up from somebody's yard and dumped in the compost pile for 15 years, but it tastes like a pretty decent shu, despite all the thick twigs and sticks. I bought it for fun so I could see what the Mongolian shepherds drink and so I can pretend to be Genghis Kahn. I want to show it off to my co-workers, but I don't know if they'd be impressed or if they'd back away from me slowly!

May 25th, '10, 18:08

by aya_s » May 25th, '10, 18:08

I love tea, but as I am sensitive to caffeine, I only drink it in the mornings, and then only a tea cup or two's worth.

Of course, as those moments of savoring the fragrance and flavor seem to stretch out as I wake up and calm down, maybe it could be edited as a more significant part of the episode than a mere half-hour of the day. :)

May 25th, '10, 19:54

by Cael » May 25th, '10, 19:54

If we are talking at home then unfortunately it would have to be maybe 5%. I drink tea all day when I'm in the office, but I am too busy to drink it at home usually.

I almost forgot. I got a new batch of Earl Grey today and I am very excited about it. I have been infusing it with some orange peel and it is delicious.

May 25th, '10, 23:10

by debunix » May 25th, '10, 23:10

In the morning, several infusions as I wake up with the computer or a book before breakfast and work; afternoons and evenings, usually tea nearby.

Started today without a morning tea, but then was straight on to a mix of jasmine and silver needle (cutting the overly intense jasmine to something drinkable, although still stronger than I prefer); and now drinking a Yunnan Bao Hong green tea from Yunnan Sourcing, while wishing for a dark wuyi oolong or dan cong. It's time to bring a few more of those teas to work.

May 25th, '10, 23:12

by Skippyandjif » May 25th, '10, 23:12

Rithmomachy wrote:I want to show it off to my co-workers, but I don't know if they'd be impressed or if they'd back away from me slowly!
Ooh, neat, did you buy it online? (If so-- where? I am really intrigued about this! :D ) Also, showing people your tea bricks is usually good if you want to laugh at shocked reactions. I showed my mother a huge pu beeng that I just purchased and the face she made was priceless. :lol:

Last tea of the day is a chrysanthemum tisane. Oh, also, I am eating some matcha caramels that I purchased. Yummmmmm.

May 25th, '10, 23:40

by Rithmomachy » May 25th, '10, 23:40

It's this tea.

May 26th, '10, 00:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 26th, '10, 00:43

Been busy, my TC time has been occupied doing OTTI stuff which is off to a great start! :mrgreen:

I would have to say tea is close at hand at least 75% of the time. Even if it is "teawater" from a very late steep.

Great SHINCHA TD began with Sae Midori from O-Cha followed by a prelim tasting of Den's Kunpu ... and then a prelim tasting of Den's Houryoku with Mrs. Chip. The Kunpu has a mild character while the Houryoku has an intense character.

May 26th, '10, 00:52

by Skippyandjif » May 26th, '10, 00:52

Rithmomachy wrote:It's this tea.
Thank you very much! I am most likely going to order some of this over the summer, then. It sounds really good. :)

May 26th, '10, 01:54

by Rithmomachy » May 26th, '10, 01:54

I think I slightly prefer this tea, but I haven't gotten around to doing a side-by-side tasting yet. When I do, probably later this week, I'll post my notes in the Pu Erh forum.

I just added an avatar to my profile. It's a photograph of porters carrying 300 lb. stacks of the tea I just linked to into Tibet in 1908!

May 26th, '10, 02:13

by karmaplace » May 26th, '10, 02:13

I bought many different kinds of travel mugs, water bottles, and presses just so I can bring tea with me throughout the day. I often bring about two or three travel mugs or water bottles to work with me for that purpose (I store them in the fridge when I'm not sipping from them). So, I said 75%, though it may be even more. For the most part, I drink only brewed beverages.

Today's tea day was quite eventful. I've been staying at my parents' where all water for tea has to be heated on the stove in a pot, which I don't usually have patience for, so I've been going without for several days. But, today it was about 90 degrees outside, and we don't have air conditioning in the house, so I spent a good two hours brewing quarts of tea and tisanes that I threw in the fridge in preparation for another hot day tomorrow. I made two quarts of strawberry lemonade + apple lemon pomegranate rooibus, two bottles of jasmine pearls oolong + papaya green, a bottle of a Mexican cocoa brew, a bottle of pomegranate white, and two quarts of a concentrated masala and white chai blend. Tomorrow will be nice. :)

May 26th, '10, 20:53

by brad4419 » May 26th, '10, 20:53

Im going to guess around 5% maybe between 5-10%

May 26th, '10, 22:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 26th, '10, 22:45

brad4419 wrote:Im going to guess around 5% maybe between 5-10%
Your approval rating among RealiTea TeaV viewers just dropped sugnificantly ... :mrgreen: