Trying to find just the right tea to replace this.

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

May 30th, '10, 05:16

Trying to find just the right tea to replace this.

by holly » May 30th, '10, 05:16

Not sure where to put this topic because although I'm gonna be writing about a white blend, anything really could replace it.

[Mod edit: moved to flavored tea. :mrgreen: ]

I love Teavana's Youthberry White Tea, but I drink a lot and at $12 for 2 ounces, it goes fast. Although it's one of my current favorites, I really want to explore similar flavors and find something less expensive, and even better tasting/quality. I have already purchased from local loose leaf tea places and adagio. I am in shock: "Sooo good! And for only 'x' amount?!" Yes, excitement!!

I drink SO much tea every day and have for some time. I wish I had started exploring loose leaf a long time ago. My tea collection consisted of some Tazo Teas, Organic Chamomile, Mint, Celestial Vanilla Rooibos, and one tin of Rishi White Peony (my first loose leaf). With that being said, I was soo surprised to taste something like Youthberry. Didn't know tea came that way. Here are the ingredients: White tea, candied mango pieces (mango, sugar), candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), rosehip peels, apple bits, hibiscus flowers, red currants, flavoring, rose petals and acai fruit powder (acai, maltodextrin).

I was thinking about the Hummingbird's Passion blend at Adagio. Sorry for the essay, and thank you if you're reading! Thank you even more for some recommendations!

May 30th, '10, 10:12

Re: Trying to find just the right tea to replace this.

by iannon » May 30th, '10, 10:12

I am going to take a shot in the dark here and say try Specialtes.com's 853 White Acai Luminesence

May 30th, '10, 16:54

by holly » May 30th, '10, 16:54

iannon wrote:I am going to take a shot in the dark here and say try Specialtes.com's 853 White Acai Luminesence
WOW! :lol:

May 30th, '10, 17:36

by iannon » May 30th, '10, 17:36

holly wrote:
iannon wrote:I am going to take a shot in the dark here and say try Specialtes.com's 853 White Acai Luminesence
WOW! :lol:
Ok..I forgot the "a" in teAs..but i am guessing you got my point :?

May 30th, '10, 20:19

by kymidwife » May 30th, '10, 20:19

SpecialTeas = Teavana = SpecialTeas as I understand it. May not always be the same name, but I think most Teavana teas can be found at SpecialTeas, and often for a better price.

Sarah

+ Post Reply