Jas eTea?

For general/other topics related to tea.

May 25th, '10, 15:15

Jas eTea?

by Crafty_Mom » May 25th, '10, 15:15

I'm currently buying my tea from Mountain Rose Herbs, but came across this other shop called Jas eTea. Has anyone tried them? How was their service? Their tea?

May 25th, '10, 16:11
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Jas eTea?

by pb2q » May 25th, '10, 16:11

There's a vendor thread for Jas-ETea:
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11995

Do a search and you'll find a small handful of posts here.

I've purchased from this company and was happy with the transaction. The owner is on top of things. In the past he was known to post here, and he's a frequent poster at that other forum where people seem to have a problem with beards.

If you're looking at this vendors pu-erh then you should also look at Yunnan Sourcing:
http://www.yunnansourcing.com/store/

May 25th, '10, 16:26

by Crafty_Mom » May 25th, '10, 16:26

Yes, the anti-beard place is where I came across him. :lol: I had done a search but didn't turn up anything. Maybe I misspelled or something.

Thanks for the link!

Jun 1st, '10, 06:23

by krillgrillbritt » Jun 1st, '10, 06:23

I've never bought teas from them so can't say anything about the quality they offer. But I have one comment that I like to ad:

I was actually searching for pu erh at their site a few weeks back, when I noticed that many of their descriptions sounded very familiar. After backtracking my search engine I saw that several products had the exact same phrasing that was used by Yunnan Sourcing (the xi-zhi hao "classic"... and the 1998 CNNP "you le qiao mu" for refferance but there are more).
Since I've had only good experience with YS, and given also the status they've earned in the tea community, I took Jas-etea for the culprit and moved on. The tea they sell might still be excellent, but it just felt a little dishonest. A small matter – if the tea is from the same source and aged the same – but I always get jumpy when I see only the slight resemblance of foul play, and immediately suspects a greater scheme up ahead.

Maybe I was quick to judge? And someone else might offer a more reasonable explanation to this; say that they both have the same retailer for some of their teas, or that, in china, this sort of behavior isn't frowned upon as much.

I had hoped that my first post here would have been on a more positive note, but there it is.

Jun 1st, '10, 08:36

by Proinsias » Jun 1st, '10, 08:36

From what I gather Steve, from Jas eTea, pretty much started out buying tea in bulk from YS and selling it on in the US. Hence the similarity in the descriptions. I think most of those at the anti beard site buying from him were fully aware they were buying YS tea but would get it quicker with cheaper postage and a large choice of samplers.

I think he has branched out a bit now and sources tea beyond Scott.

In short, he's using YS descriptions because the tea has either come from Scott of from Scott's supplier, and I'm pretty sure Scot is fully aware of this.

Jun 1st, '10, 08:51

by Proinsias » Jun 1st, '10, 08:51

Googling the site throws up this:

"Several images and descriptions courtesy of Scott at Yunnan Sourcing."

Jun 1st, '10, 09:05

by krillgrillbritt » Jun 1st, '10, 09:05

Great!
Many thanks! It's always nice to have ones suspicions proven false (and also because I can buy the xi-zhi hao 8582 now, which has sold out on YS).

Though he could well have used some quotation marks and a reference. It made a rather poor first impression.

Anyhow, thanks again for the clarification!

Jun 2nd, '10, 06:29

by JAS-eTea Guy » Jun 2nd, '10, 06:29

Hi all -
Just to put everyone's mind at ease, Scott gave me permission to use his descriptions and his pics in order to help me get my business online a bit faster. He has been a friend and a mentor since I first started doing group buys as a favor for members in another forum. As someone mentioned, he was my first supplier for teas from China. I now have other suppliers and have widened my selection a bit. However, it still in no way compares to Scott's selection. Our business is still very small and is run out of the home as a family activity since we have such a passion for the tea.

Thank all of you that have visited the site and taken the time to view our selection. Check out some of the educational stuff in the drop-down menus at the top if you are just getting started.

Jun 10th, '10, 12:42

by Crafty_Mom » Jun 10th, '10, 12:42

Thanks for the clarification. I've heard really great things about you from a certain other forum. I plan on branching out to try pu erh soon, once I know a little more about it.

Jun 10th, '10, 13:29

by Victoria » Jun 10th, '10, 13:29

I want to say I just had a wonderful experience with this company, personally speaking with Steve on the phone to resolve a shipping
issue. I was very impressed; He definitely is a tea lover like us,
and works hard at customer service. I am extremely happy with my purchases. The teaware arrived quickly, it was well packed and
even nicer than pictured.

I haven't tried any tea yet, but I have a lovely sample waiting for me.
I definitely would recommend Jas-eTea.
:)

Jun 14th, '10, 13:35

by Dresden » Jun 14th, '10, 13:35

These guys are legit.

I recently ordered some wares from Steve and Janice and it was a great experience. Good communication, super fast shipping and everything was packaged up nice and snug.

I received my order on a Friday and there was an issue. An e-mail or two later and all was well. By Monday my second package was waiting for me when I got home. Now that's what I call service!!! :mrgreen:

I will definitely do business with these guys again!

Cheers,
Mike

Jun 21st, '10, 15:13

by spinmail » Jun 21st, '10, 15:13

My first order came quickly and well-packed, but my main feedback relates to their feedback. This vendor takes special care to respond to specific questions, and offers helpful recommendations. Their selection of teas is perhaps not as vast as some vendors, but they're willing to cater to your preferences. Not all vendors are as communicative and knowledgable.

+ Post Reply