Signature Blends Box Pass Sign-Up

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Jun 2nd, '10, 00:13

Re: Signature Blends Box Pass Sign-Up

by msmeghann82 » Jun 2nd, '10, 00:13

Sarah,

I wanted to let you know I got your PM and I think I PM'd you back, but after I hit send it shows up in my outbox, not in my sent mail, so hopefully it got to you. Let me know if not :)

Jun 2nd, '10, 00:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 2nd, '10, 00:39

PMs show up in your outbox until opened by the recipient ... at which time they depart from the outbox and will show up as sent. :mrgreen:

Jun 2nd, '10, 08:34

by msmeghann82 » Jun 2nd, '10, 08:34

Phew...thanks for the enlightening about the PM set up Chip!

Jun 2nd, '10, 11:24

by Chip » Jun 2nd, '10, 11:24

Glad I could be of assistance, m'am ... :mrgreen:

Jun 12th, '10, 14:01

by kymidwife » Jun 12th, '10, 14:01

Better late than never... the Signature Blends Box Pass is continuing its journey, now on the way to MsMeghann. SilverMage also has a separate box of samples coming her way.

I think the last count I made was 60 teas. I added 4 oz. of about 8 different teas... plus there are oodles of others in there. I had little time to sample much, because the box arrived to me at a rather inopportune and hectic time (which seems to just be the norm lately)... so I didn't drink as much as I'd have liked.

I have a full list of the current tea contents of the box, but left my list at work, so I will post it in full later. The box smells sooo good. :)

If anyone tries a tea and finds it to be just simply NO GOOD... stale, old, tasteless, seen its better days... please don't hesitate to discard it. The box has now been traveling for about 15 months, and a few of the teas are still originals. If you see a tea you want to try but there's very little left, please don't hesitate to just go ahead and take it, use it up. You are allowed to finish off a sample! Some of the bags in the box only contain enough leaf for one or two cups.

If anyone would like to be added to the list... there is LOTS of tea there, and I welcome any established member who would like to participate. If you want to sample but don't have anything to add to the box, sign up! Adding to the box is optional, not a requirement.

List of contents is coming soon. Thanks everyone for your patience in the downtime for the box. I apologize for taking so long to get it back on its journey.

Sarah

Jun 12th, '10, 14:07

by kymidwife » Jun 12th, '10, 14:07

Current list of participants:

boywoodhe - done
ebtoulson - done
geekgirlunveiled - done
CinnamonKitty - done
obsidianbladed - done
rspear- done
nexius8510 - passed due to no response
auggy - done
smari - passed due to no response
jazz88 - done
ASUnurse26 - done
artemis - done
churng - pass on request
RachelC - done
aphroditea- done
Charizzi - done
silverdoves (if active... no activity since 11-24)
cls42 - done
AphrodiTea - restock done
kymidwife- restock done
SilverMage2000-done
Box is enroute 6/12/10 to MsMeghan
myemmie
Sojourn
beckynoel
Amaikoko...
RachelC (round 2)
Eleanorj
Last edited by kymidwife on Jun 19th, '10, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 15th, '10, 09:51

by msmeghann82 » Jun 15th, '10, 09:51

Just wanted to let everyone know I received the box last night. I started to choose what teas to try, and pick out a few to keep samples of. This could be a large, but fun tasks, with so many teas to choose from. Several teas have over an ounce left and very few were just a tablespoon or so. I look forward to trying, and reviewing a few teas. I will probably post my reviews on steepster (user meghannm) but I will try to at least post a few here! So much fun, glad I have a day off today and will hopefully get to try a few teas.

Jun 15th, '10, 16:00

by Aphroditea » Jun 15th, '10, 16:00

Game on! :D

If it is tricky to post reviews here, maybe you could at least put a list or partial list of the teas you decide to sample. You could also post something short with links to your main reviews on steepster, a rating list. Something like.

Hot and Spicy CoCoNuTs :D (LINK)
Soulful Shrubbery :? (LINK)
Krazy Eight :( (LINK)

or

Mellow Jell-o ***** (LINK)
Sunshine Band-aid ***** (LINK)
Flipnotic Hotcakes ***** (LINK)

Okay, really this post was about making up names for fictious blends :wink:

Jun 15th, '10, 16:14

by Chip » Jun 15th, '10, 16:14

If I may humbly interject. :mrgreen:

Links frequently get broken ... and are beyond the control of TC to keep them viable. Also, members are forced to jump back and forth between the forum and the links. The topics lose continuity as a result. Plus we would like to see the reviews here for anyone who prefers to read them here versus elsewhere.

Of course, anyone can post their reviews of any teas wherever they choose!

As a solution and in the case of bloggers, I suggest they post the review directly on the forum, then if they want to link as well, I see no problem with that. Everyone is happy then. :idea:

Jun 15th, '10, 19:35

by myemmie » Jun 15th, '10, 19:35

Aw...see what you did? I'm a little disappointed now that "Flipnotic Hotcakes" isn't actually in the box... :wink:

Jun 15th, '10, 21:23

by msmeghann82 » Jun 15th, '10, 21:23

Chip-thanks for the heads up about garbled links. I'll just copy them and post them here as well.

Lol at Aphrodite's blend names....spicy coconuts had me curious!

Jun 16th, '10, 00:22

by DallasRedhead » Jun 16th, '10, 00:22

Hi,

I'm new around here and to Adagio but in love with their stuff. Would it be possible for me to get in on this project? Sounds wonderful!

Jun 16th, '10, 00:52

by kymidwife » Jun 16th, '10, 00:52

Dallas... PM me and we'll talk about how to qualify for participation. :)

MsMeghann (and future recipients of the box)... I look forward to reading your reviews. Copy and paste is a good compromise if you want to post reviews on multiple sites. Since Adagio helped sponsor this box pass, I know they will appreciate reviews here on TeaChat (and you can also review purchased blends on the Adagio site). Also it will be nice to have those reviews posted on Steepster, which might bring new members in to TeaChat or introduce Adagio and Signature Blends to new customers. Thanks in advance to everyone for taking the time to post some reviews.

Sarah

Jun 16th, '10, 08:06

by Aphroditea » Jun 16th, '10, 08:06

myemmie wrote:Aw...see what you did? I'm a little disappointed now that "Flipnotic Hotcakes" isn't actually in the box... :wink:
If I had space to make a new blend - I would make Flipnotic Hotcakes just for you !;)
whatever it is!! :lol: That was my favorite, too :mrgreen:

Jun 22nd, '10, 10:50

by msmeghann82 » Jun 22nd, '10, 10:50

I've sent a PM to myemmie to get her address. The box should be enroute to her this weekend. I've been having a hectic summer, but hope to put up a few tea reviews soon!

+ Post Reply