One more try...

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Should adagio carry organic teas?

Yes please!!!
74%
Why bother?
26%
No, I think that's a bad idea.
No votes

Total votes : 23

One more try...

Postby teaspoon » May 14th, '07, 13:48

So, I know this has been brought up and shot down in the past, but I thought I'd try and push for it again. Is there any chance that adagio might someday carry organic teas? There are a lot of high-quality organics out there... It would really be nice to get my pesticide-free fix AND patronize adagio all at once. Anyone else?

~tsp
teaspoon

Postby Samovar » May 14th, '07, 13:54

I think that if at all possible, organic tea is the way to go!!!

Samovar
Last edited by Samovar on May 14th, '07, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Samovar

Postby Space Samurai » May 14th, '07, 14:41

Whenever possible I stick to vendors that offer Organic and Fair Trade Certified Teas.

Also, I know from asking that Adagio's teas are single estate, but they don't advertise it. I think they should, as there are many consumers who want that kind of information.
Space Samurai

Postby TeaFanatic » May 14th, '07, 14:53

I understand that many people feel safer drinking organic teas, but I've never understood where that craze has come from and what people believe makes organic anything safer.
TeaFanatic

Postby Space Samurai » May 14th, '07, 15:50

For me it has nothing to do with being safer, and everything to do with environmental sustainability. Organic farming is just responsible, like recycling.
Space Samurai

Postby guitarfreak2641 » May 14th, '07, 17:27

I think organic tea at adagio would be a great idea. I agree with spacesamurai, it is just responsible.
guitarfreak2641

Postby teaspoon » Jun 1st, '07, 09:22

Aside from being more sustainable (to be honest I don't know much about that) people get twitchy about pesticides on their tea and produce. With organics, you can be certain that there aren't any chemical pesticides used on your tea or your produce.

~tsp
teaspoon

Postby TeaFanatic » Jun 1st, '07, 17:04

Many of those chemical pesticides have helped us grow to where we are today. Yes some of them are bad for us, but not all of them. Also, organic farming does allow the use of some pesticides that can be harmful to humans also.
TeaFanatic

Postby Space Samurai » Jun 1st, '07, 18:46

Even if Organic farming allows something that is harmful to people, and I checked, they do allow "natural" pesticides, it is still far better than non-Organic farming.
Space Samurai

Instant Messenger

Permissions