Vacuum Tea Sachet

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jun 22nd, '10, 22:38

Vacuum Tea Sachet

by chittychat » Jun 22nd, '10, 22:38

There are many types of teas mostly TGY available packed in vacuum sachet. They contain usually 7 g, seven being a lucky number like in the pu-erh stack.

I guess they are mainly meant for the Chinese market and my question then, how do the Chinese brew this 7 g tea. :?:

I split mine usually into 2 since the 7 g is too large for a 120 ml pot and go then gong fu style. If I use the whole amount I have to use my 240 ml pot. From the last one which I drunk yesterday I run through 750 ml of water, did not count how many steeping.

Jun 23rd, '10, 00:27

Re: Vacuum Tea Sachet

by wyardley » Jun 23rd, '10, 00:27

I would use 7g even in a 90-100 ml pot. But if you don't use it all, you can brew whatever's leftover later.

Sometimes I don't use all of it, but a lot of the time, the quality of this kind of tea is crap, so I just throw away the gram or two that are left.

Jun 23rd, '10, 02:30

Re: Vacuum Tea Sachet

by chittychat » Jun 23rd, '10, 02:30

wyardley wrote:I would use 7g even in a 90-100 ml pot. But if you don't use it all, you can brew whatever's leftover later.
The teas I get from such sachet open up so much that in a small pot it almost lifts the cover if all 7 g are use.
wyardley wrote:I Sometimes I don't use all of it, but a lot of the time, the quality of this kind of tea is crap, so I just throw away the gram or two that are left.
From the sources I get this kind of tea I never had anything resembling crap. Be it from the Internet, once, a Chines grocery or most often from the Chinese owner of a hardware store. In fact from him I got a tea which until now was the best I ever had. I still remember how a myriad of flavors exploded in ones mouth.

So I guess it all depends.

+ Post Reply