Paul McCartney gets his own tea...

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jun 1st, '07, 12:22

Paul McCartney gets his own tea...

by tomasini » Jun 1st, '07, 12:22

SEATTLE - Starbucks will introduce McTwee, a new flavor of camellia sinensis, commonly known as tea, as part of its upcoming International Paul McCartney Day celebrations on Tuesday June 5.

In addition to playing Mr. McCartney’s new CD, Memory Almost Full, all day long at more then ten thousand Starbucks outlets in twenty-nine countries and territories around the world, the house that caffeine built will give away free samples of McTwee to everyone who purchases Mr. McCartney’s CD and can name three songs that he has recorded since leaving Wings.

Described by one Starbucks insider as being “easy on the pallet, like a string section in a soft, romantic, acoustic-guitar-played-left-handed ballad,” McTwee is a non-
caffeinated, calorie-free, organic white tea that can be enjoyed “either warm or cold by people of all ages.” It can also be smoked, which is the way Mr. McCartney is said to enjoy it best, by persons desiring a more full-bodied reaction to its “hidden-track” undertones.

"Like all white teas, McTwee is elegant and lightweight at the same time and doesn't make any demands on the customer," said Venti Delachrome, a Starbucks marketing representative. "It has a wispy flavor redolent of blackberries, but without any trace of the more assertive strawberry fields flavor that overwhelms some white teas. Sir Paul is virtually addicted to it."

Starbucks certifies that McTwee is derived exclusively from tea bushes grown on the fifteen estates in the Cameron Highlands, Malaysia, and the dozens of other estates that Mr. McCartney owns around the world.

Jun 1st, '07, 13:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 1st, '07, 13:17

...with all the marketing hype only a Starbucks can muster. If this was April 1st and not June 1st, I would have to wonder if Tomasini was playing a joke on us.

While it is cool that apparently Sir Paul has asserted himself in the production of tea.

...but technically, it is not noncaffeinated, decaffeinated perhaps...but this is Starbucks after all.

Jun 1st, '07, 13:21

by tomasini » Jun 1st, '07, 13:21

ya...but did you read the part about smoking it? :shock:
i mean considering the man...he did help but together lucy in the sky with diamons...but still....

Jun 1st, '07, 14:21

by Chip » Jun 1st, '07, 14:21

tomasini wrote:ya...but did you read the part about smoking it? :shock:
i mean considering the man...he did help but together lucy in the sky with diamons...but still....
...trippin', man.... 8)
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 1st, '07, 14:30
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Jun 1st, '07, 14:30

Trust Starbucks to come up with something so over the top.

I'm just upset that I didn't realize June 5th was International Paul McCartney Day. I wonder if my Sgt. Pepper's costume would look too out of place at work....

Jun 1st, '07, 14:33

by Chip » Jun 1st, '07, 14:33

Cinnamon wrote:Trust Starbucks to come up with something so over the top.

I'm just upset that I didn't realize June 5th was International Paul McCartney Day. I wonder if my Sgt. Pepper's costume would look too out of place at work....
...it could guarantee you drug test... :shock: :wink:

Jun 3rd, '07, 22:07
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Jun 3rd, '07, 22:07

Good point, Chip. :)

Maybe I'll just listen to the album instead.

Jun 4th, '07, 15:30

by teaspoon » Jun 4th, '07, 15:30

So wait... There's an International Paul McCartney day? I mean, he's awesome and all, but...? Tell me this is just one of Starbucks' decisions.

And gee, I recall a certain thread in the Green Tea forum about the effects of the alternative enjoyment of tea. Makes me sad that even Sir Paul has (albeit only allegedly) resorted to that.

Does sound like a tasty tea, though...

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

+ Post Reply