Honeybush Suggestion

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Honeybush Suggestion

Postby Cuppatea » Jun 27th, '10, 16:11

I really enjoy drinking adagio's chocolate honeybush after a meal. Has Adagio ever considered offering a chocolate mint honeybush? I recall trying one from Dragonwater, I think it was, and enjoyed it very much. It was just like drinking an after dinner chocolate mint! :D
Cuppatea

Re: Honeybush Suggestion

Postby LauraW » Jun 27th, '10, 17:17

You could probably also make a signature blend with the honeybush chocolate and a mint herbal - just don't put in too much mint, as that tends to get overpowering. Maybe 90% choc honeybush and 10% peppermint or spearmint, whichever you prefer.
LauraW

Postby Cuppatea » Jun 28th, '10, 21:17

Now why didn't I think of that? :) I guess because I'm such a purist with my leaves! (You mean I should MIX them?? :lol: )
Cuppatea

Postby LauraW » Jun 28th, '10, 22:56

Hehe there's nothing wrong with being a purist, but I'm mostly a purist when it comes to non-"flavored" teas. When I get something like a chocolate-flavored black (just for example), I'm more apt to mix that than, say, a nice Alishan.

But blends are tasty. I've bought a few, and the only one that I don't enjoy is one I made for my roommate, and at least she likes it!
LauraW

Postby laura99 » Jun 29th, '10, 05:11

Looking for some decaf options, I recently tried the blend "A Caffeine-Free Hot Chocolate". Honeybush chocolate, honeybush hazelnut and honeybush vanilla. I tried one teaspoon of this, plus one teaspoon of spearmint - pretty tasty!
laura99

Postby Cuppatea » Jun 29th, '10, 21:23

Great ideas! :D
Laura--I absolutely love the teacup in your avatar. It is beautiful!
Cuppatea

Postby Cuppatea » Jul 1st, '10, 11:38

LauraW wrote:You could probably also make a signature blend with the honeybush chocolate and a mint herbal - just don't put in too much mint, as that tends to get overpowering. Maybe 90% choc honeybush and 10% peppermint or spearmint, whichever you prefer.

Thanks, Laura W! (and what an adorable avatar!) Thanks to you I have just created my first signature blend! :D
Cuppatea

Instant Messenger

Permissions