Greenthread Tea (Or Indian, Navajo, or Hopi tea)

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Feb 15th, '10, 17:52

Greenthread Tea (Or Indian, Navajo, or Hopi tea)

by delicate disaster » Feb 15th, '10, 17:52

As the title says, this is a thread for Greenthread tea (all the other names describe the same tea) . I was really curious whether any of you had heard of it or tried it. I've heard that it's mellow and subtly sweet, even without sugar. It's an herb, traditionally tied into little bundles and brewed six cups at a time. Would you just brew this in a tea kettle? :shock:

If you've tried it, where did you obtain it? For my purposes it would be easier to brew it in tea bags or if somehow you found loose tea of it. (I'm hoping I'm allowed to ask, if not, ignore the question and discuss.)

Feb 15th, '10, 18:55
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Greenthread Tea (Or Indian, Navajo, or Hopi tea)

by Chip » Feb 15th, '10, 18:55

delicate disaster wrote:(I'm hoping I'm allowed to ask, if not, ignore the question and discuss.)
Of course you can ask. :mrgreen: I personally have never heard of it, so I hope to live and learn! :idea:

Feb 22nd, '10, 00:15

by myemmie » Feb 22nd, '10, 00:15

I've heard of Hopi tea, but never had it myself - now I'm curious to see what I can find... :D

Feb 22nd, '10, 07:41

by myemmie » Feb 22nd, '10, 07:41

Times like these, I do love the internet. Did a bit of research - and not only does it sound delicious, I found a grower/purveyor. Yay!
http://www.plateautea.com/
Thank you so much for bringing this back to the front of my memory. I'm excited to try it!

Jun 29th, '10, 15:54

by myemmie » Jun 29th, '10, 15:54

I wanted to update, for those reading:

I purchased a small package of greenthread from the newest harvest, and man...this stuff is good. I've a very unsophisticated palette, so I'm not sure of the words I could use to describe the flavor notes unfortunately - it's unlike anything I've ever tasted though. It's cooling like a mint tea, but it doesn't taste like mint. It has an herbal, yellow quality, like chamomile almost, but it doesn't taste like that either. I don't know, lol!!

If anyone else has a chance to try it, I hope you'll love it - then come over here and help me describe it. :)

Jun 29th, '10, 16:12

by rabbit » Jun 29th, '10, 16:12

Jun 30th, '10, 10:24

by myemmie » Jun 30th, '10, 10:24

Bunny!!!

Awww, I luv teh bunneh. Cute *and* relevant, very nice!

Jul 6th, '10, 13:50

by Amaikokonut » Jul 6th, '10, 13:50

Heh, I just ordered some of this out of sheer curiosity. When it comes in I'll do my best to describe it too :P

+ Post Reply