Iced Green Tea Recipes

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Iced Green Tea Recipes

Postby Rhonda » Jun 17th, '07, 14:21

Summer is just over the horizon up here in northern Alberta and I'm looking forward to several months of leisurely sipping iced tea in the back yard. I've never made iced tea with loose leaves before and was looking for recipes. Specifically I want to use Casablanca Twist.

Does anyone have any tried and true recipes to share? I checked TeaChef and found some for using black tea but none for green -- will it make a difference, do you think?

In the meantime I'm going to try 6tsp. of tea, 6C of water and sugar to taste -- I'll let you know how that works out, but I'd still love to hear any more inventive recipes you might be willing to share.
Rhonda

Postby teaspoon » Jun 18th, '07, 09:06

Well, I don't know about inventive, but my tried-and-true method of making iced tea (which I learned from working at a tea shop) is to use twice as much tea per cup of water as you normally would use (so 2 tsp per cup instead of 1 tsp) and steep for the regular time. Then pour that over ice and let the ice melt so it dilutes the tea to regular strength.

~tsp
teaspoon

Postby Rhonda » Jun 18th, '07, 10:07

Thank you for the advice, I'll give it a shot :)
Rhonda

Postby LavenderPekoe » Jun 18th, '07, 10:49

BTW, Casablanca twist is fabulous as an iced tea. I love it.
LavenderPekoe

Postby xine » Jun 18th, '07, 11:05

I too just made the Casablanca Twist over ice last week (to go with my Moroccan inspired chops and cous-cous) and it was fabulous.
xine

Instant Messenger

Permissions