In the beginning: Ten Fu or Ten Ren ?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jul 17th, '10, 19:00

In the beginning: Ten Fu or Ten Ren ?

by skilfautdire » Jul 17th, '10, 19:00

Subject line says it all !

Both companies have similar logos. Ten Fu is from China, Ten Ren from Taiwan. One obviously copied the other. So who was first ? Who is the copy cat ?

Jul 18th, '10, 07:40

Re: In the beginning: Ten Fu or Ten Ren ?

by JRS22 » Jul 18th, '10, 07:40

I was intrigued by your question, so I googled Ten Fu Tea. It's a subsidiary of Ten Ren. Check out this web site - http://www.tenfuusa.com/about_tenren.html

Now there are 2 theme parks on my list - Harry Potter, in Florida, and Ten Fu's Tea Museum, in China.

Jul 24th, '10, 13:09

Re: In the beginning: Ten Fu or Ten Ren ?

by skilfautdire » Jul 24th, '10, 13:09

Thanks for the information. I've briefly googled but did not find that link before. I've asked because I recently was given two teas, one Shi Hu Dragon Well from Ten Ren which is clearly indicated as made in Taiwan, and a 'luxurious' Ten Fu box set with 250g packages each of Bi Lu Chun and Tie Kwan Yin which was clearly made in China.

Haven't opened the Ten Fu bags yet, but tasted the Ten Ren. First time I taste Dragon Well. First brews do not taste much at all: I still have to explore that tea. Maybe that's the characteristic of that tea: to have a subdued taste. Or maybe is the Ten Ren part of it that makes it so, so to speak.

+ Post Reply