Transferring Signature Blend Labels to Tins

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jul 18th, '10, 15:04

Transferring Signature Blend Labels to Tins

by Starlight » Jul 18th, '10, 15:04

I am not sure if anyone else has attempted to transfer a Signature Blend label off of one of the pouches to an Adagio tin, but I have not figured out how to do it without completely destroying the label (other than cutting around the label and glueing, I suppose). I am not as devastated as others are that the tins are gone, but I think it would be awesome if there was some way that Adagio could affix the Signature Blend label to the pouch so that it could be easily removed and transferred to a tin. Some of the labels are super-cool, and since I have all of my tins neatly displayed on a shelf, I would like to be able to easily identify them. Adagio will not lose my loyalty if they choose not to do this, but it would make me an even happier little tea drinker if it could be done. :D

Kind regards,
Stacy

Jul 18th, '10, 15:41

Re: Transferring Signature Blend Labels to Tins

by laura99 » Jul 18th, '10, 15:41

I actually just did this yesterday. I moved my signature blend to different container, and was surprised that I was able to peel the signature blend label off the pouch with no issues. Just slowly started on one corner. And it also stuck down completely on the new container. Not sure if this is normal (first time I tried), but it worked very well.

Jul 18th, '10, 15:51

by Starlight » Jul 18th, '10, 15:51

Very interesting! Maybe I was just too rushed when I was trying it, but my label appeared to begin cracking and seemed to lose a lot of the brightness. It looked very faded and distorted when all was said and done. I have new blends arriving on Tuesday, and I will try again. Thanks for the input!

Stacy

Jul 18th, '10, 16:31

by laura99 » Jul 18th, '10, 16:31

It was translucent looking when I peeled it off, but when I stuck it back to something it looked about the same as when I removed it.

Jul 18th, '10, 16:58

by Starlight » Jul 18th, '10, 16:58

Okay, very cool! I assumed that the label was ruined and was not about to place it on my tin. So it appears that my label-peeling deficiency lies in the fact that I did not even attempt to put it on the tin. Thank you so much!!! :lol:

Jul 18th, '10, 17:46

by Marco » Jul 18th, '10, 17:46

I don't know the kind of label. But if you prewarm it you can loosen nearly every adhesive label. Just take a hairdryer and warm the label. Then it should be easy to transfer it to the tin.

my2cent :)

Jul 20th, '10, 18:56

by Starlight » Jul 20th, '10, 18:56

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions! I do not know what I seem to be doing wrong, but it still looks as though the ink is separating as I am peeling the label.

Stacy

Jul 20th, '10, 20:45

by laura99 » Jul 20th, '10, 20:45

Sorry it did not work out for you - I guess I just got lucky.

+ Post Reply