Okinawa's very secret tea?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jun 21st, '07, 07:40

Okinawa's very secret tea?

by Tony » Jun 21st, '07, 07:40

http://www.okinawansecret.com

I've seen a lot of ridiculous healthy tea advertisments, but these guys deserve a prize.

Not only will jasmine green tea help you loose an impossible amount of fat, it also appears that the world's supply of jasmine green tea is... almost gone! Not only is it almost sold out, but appearantly due to the amazing fluctuations in the tea market, you have to order now, because tomorrow, prices may already skyrocket.

But my favourite was the phrase "Not available in stores.". Although "Results not typical, for best results, use Okinawa Tea with regular excercise and wholesome, healty nutrition and eating habits." was a fair second.

That, and appearantly, the regular price of 60 servings of jasmine green tea is 96 dollars.

They guarantee it! Man, I hate those guys.

Jun 21st, '07, 11:12

by Space Samurai » Jun 21st, '07, 11:12

One ardent fan of this tea tried to explain to me that the trick was to drink it while you eat, so that the hot tea will keep the fat liquified and pass it through your body.

:shock:

Jun 21st, '07, 11:21

by teaspoon » Jun 21st, '07, 11:21

...and so that (according to some things I've read) you won't absorb any of the iron from your food? Mmmm anemia...

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jun 21st, '07, 12:48

by Tony » Jun 21st, '07, 12:48

I don't get it... A lot of people have told me that tea is good for certain things. from lower bloodpressure to good for your cholesterol... very enthousiastic, very convinced. (but the best weigth loss results I have seen was 5.3 versus 2.9 pounds over 3 months in favor of the 4-cups-a-day-green-tea-drinkers.) I don't even know if a little over 2 pounds is that significant then. If you have to walk 100m farther to work that could almost make the difference :)

They all back off amazingly fast if I ask them if I can take it instead of my medi-cation for some particular ailment, btw :D

Heck, I'm sure it has some positive effects on a lot of things. But sometimes I really feel like smacking people who hype it like that :)

Jun 21st, '07, 13:25

by xine » Jun 21st, '07, 13:25

Speaking of other tea hype creeps, check out this guy:

http://www.ulcer-cure.com/index.html

Some customer was asking about Matula Tea, and I had never heard about it, so I did a search on the internets, and found this. Then I knew to file this in the same file as wu-long, okinawa, and etc etc.

The dude is like super creepy looking too.

Jun 21st, '07, 14:01

by Tony » Jun 21st, '07, 14:01

The dude is like super creepy looking too.
I have to resist the urge to add horns, a trident and a flaming background :) Perhaps even a little mp3 wth maniacal laughter? :)

http://www.niketrader.com/ seems to be another one.

Jun 21st, '07, 22:15

by wanna-be buddha » Jun 21st, '07, 22:15

Wow. Just, wow.
through cruel adversity,
we discover Dharma
and find the unchanging way.

thank you, adversity!

Jul 19th, '07, 10:48

matula tea

by Lance35 » Jul 19th, '07, 10:48

HI everyone, does anyone actually know anything about matula tea? or had any dealings with the company selling it ?
regards
Lance

+ Post Reply