Greentea-Japan "Official" Japanese tea topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Dec 17th, '09, 15:09
Scrolling: scrolling

Greentea-Japan "Official" Japanese tea topic

by Chip » Dec 17th, '09, 15:09

NEW! Official Japanese Green Tea Vendor Guide: Greentea-Japan.com Consider this a perennial topic for Japanese teas from GreenTea-Japan.

http://www.greentea-japan.com/

Official Japanese Green Tea Vendor Guide. Let's see what happens with this wild and crazy idea. You can view the main Japanese TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11556 and the main TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=60

Dec 19th, '09, 00:31

Re: "Official" Greentea-Japan Japanese tea topic

by DoctorD » Dec 19th, '09, 00:31

So Chip, when you gonna do this for Chinese tea vendors?

Dec 19th, '09, 00:50

by Chip » Dec 19th, '09, 00:50

Patience, grasshoppa! This is still in the experimental phase, though I like what I see so far!

This is a vendor I just heard of a few days ago, and one I will certainly be trying in the near future.

Dec 19th, '09, 00:52

by AdamMY » Dec 19th, '09, 00:52

I placed a relatively small order with them recently and I recived an email that it should be shipped today, as I went slow boat, Hopefully I'll be giving reviews in 2 weeks.

Dec 26th, '09, 14:03

by AdamMY » Dec 26th, '09, 14:03

I must say the order came rather quickly and I was amazed, but that could possibly be the ultra speedy order the USPS instituted around the holidays. The first tea of the three I got I decided to try was the Bancha.

I have a few reservations about it, but overall I'd say it was pretty good. If you want a fully detailed review complete with pictures of their packaging, I have it written up on my blog, but I copied it here for ease.

"The big downside to this tea was its color, at times it reminded me of a fukamushi (deep steamed) in the sense that it was a solid persistent color. But the downside to the color is there was always a slight hint of brown in the brew, but I do not have enough experience with Bancha to know if it is normal.

But the Aroma of the tea was great, and the flavor somewhat complex. I thought long and hard on how I was going to write up the flavor, as it was a multitude of raw vegetables most prominent was radish. Which is where the contention came into play I'm not a fan of the bitter taste of radish and that was what often came out front in this tea. But while the bitter radish like flavor is not my favorite flavor it was not unpleasant, and I could see someone who really likes that flavor enjoy this tea immensely."

I have to mention I revisited this tea today, and provided with new brewing instructions the overwhelming radish flavor is subdued, and the color issue is mostly fixed. Now its a plain easy drinking green tea.

Jul 21st, '10, 20:40

Re: Greentea-Japan "Official" Japanese tea topic

by mbishop » Jul 21st, '10, 20:40

So does anyone have a review besides AdamMY? I like their website, and the look of their teas, so I ordered the Ichigo Ichi.

Jul 22nd, '10, 22:57

by Chip » Jul 22nd, '10, 22:57

mbishop wrote:So does anyone have a review besides AdamMY? I like their website, and the look of their teas, so I ordered the Ichigo Ichi.
I have never tried their teas. I will need to correct this oversight.

Jul 11th, '11, 13:43

by sherubtse » Jul 11th, '11, 13:43

Chip wrote:
mbishop wrote:So does anyone have a review besides AdamMY? I like their website, and the look of their teas, so I ordered the Ichigo Ichi.
Did you ever get around to trying their teas, Chip? If so, what are / were your thoughts?

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jul 12th, '11, 01:02

by Chip » Jul 12th, '11, 01:02

sherubtse wrote:
Chip wrote:
Did you ever get around to trying their teas, Chip? If so, what are / were your thoughts?
Yes, a TCer sent me a nice sample of the MYOU JYOU Premium First Flush Sencha. It was good, but certainly not enough info to make any kind of judgement on this vendor.

Jul 26th, '14, 02:05

by daidokorocha » Jul 26th, '14, 02:05

Their Kabusecha konacha looks rather interesting to me. Has anybody tried it yet? Konacha is one of my favorite teas in general, but I don't know that it has a big following on this board. Perhaps I'll step up to be the guinea pig.

+ Post Reply