Horaido "Official" Japanese tea topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Dec 17th, '09, 15:09
Scrolling: scrolling

Horaido "Official" Japanese tea topic

by Chip » Dec 17th, '09, 15:09

NEW! Official Japanese Green Tea Vendor Guide: Horaido Consider this a perennial topic for Japanese teas from Horaido.

http://www.kyoto-teramachi.or.jp/horaid ... mation.htm

Official Japanese Green Tea Vendor Guide. Let's see what happens with this wild and crazy idea. You can view the main Japanese TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11556 and the main TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=60

Jan 13th, '10, 03:32

Re: "Official" Horaido Japanese tea topic

by Oni » Jan 13th, '10, 03:32

Sofar this shop is best price vs quality for me, and I bought most of my japanese teaware from them, if only it had an online store, something more accessible to the masses, it would be a major hit, I noticed eversince around 3 years ago we in europe discovered this teashop, more and more people have ordered, I have seen some of their teas on blogs in my country, a small hint for those of you who try to order from them, swtich to the japanese page, there are several diffrent products that are not listed in the english version, and just write an e-mail asking for a product that you have seen on the japanese page, and you can buy it, if it is on stock or wait until they get it, plus there are tea ceremony accessories that can be found nowhere else.

Jul 24th, '10, 19:42

Re: Horaido "Official" Japanese tea topic

by mbishop » Jul 24th, '10, 19:42

So...how do you order from them?

Jul 29th, '10, 21:33

by guitar9876 » Jul 29th, '10, 21:33

Send them an E-mail first with your order. They will give you further instructions. What they had me do was give them my card # and info in separate E-mails. Give it a try, It's well worth it!

Sep 1st, '11, 18:07

by Fuyou » Sep 1st, '11, 18:07

I've tried ordering from Horaido, but it's been nearly two weeks and they haven't answered my emails. I would really like to try their tea, but is it normal for them to take so long?

Sep 6th, '11, 10:27

by Nathaniel87 » Sep 6th, '11, 10:27

No, I ordered from them last year in November or December and although the email correspondence was slightly slow I didn't have any serious problems. However, when I tried to place a second order a few months later it was much slower and he apologized, saying that his mother was sick and he wasn't attending business/emails as regularly as normal.

This was shortly before the earthquake and after the earthquake I heard everything was okay with him and I saw that he updated the website, but when I tried to make an order with him a couple of weeks ago I never got a response either. On my email client (naver) I can check if my sent message has been opened or not and after 3 weeks or so it still says it is unread. I hope nothing too bad for his sake, but I am sure he isn't simply not replying to emails.

Sep 6th, '11, 15:15

by Fuyou » Sep 6th, '11, 15:15

I am glad to hear that they don't normally operate this way, but it's a shame to hear that they have been having problems lately. I hope we'll be able to learn what is happening soon and that it will work itself out, because I have heard great things about their tea.

Oct 25th, '11, 04:47

by andrzej bero » Oct 25th, '11, 04:47

is there any "end" of that story?
Vendor looked great and I wanted to order from him but ...
best
andrzej

Oct 25th, '11, 12:57

by Tead Off » Oct 25th, '11, 12:57

andrzej bero wrote:is there any "end" of that story?
Vendor looked great and I wanted to order from him but ...
best
andrzej
For me, this vendor was always poor in answering questions.

Oct 25th, '11, 15:07

by andrzej bero » Oct 25th, '11, 15:07

Tead Off, I understand that there is something more than just a case of "poor in answering" (who is without a sin;)
btw did you tried their matcha? acceptable? awesome? (stupid q if there is no way to order now)

Oct 26th, '11, 05:54

by Tead Off » Oct 26th, '11, 05:54

andrzej bero wrote:Tead Off, I understand that there is something more than just a case of "poor in answering" (who is without a sin;)
btw did you tried their matcha? acceptable? awesome? (stupid q if there is no way to order now)
Haha. Did not try anything because it was always difficult to get a reply from them. They seem to have nice things and others have liked their teas. It was more than 1 year ago when I made enquiries to them and it was not easy to get a reply even back then.

Apr 1st, '15, 02:10

by Oni » Apr 1st, '15, 02:10

Now they are accepting paypal, and it works faster than 2 years ago, I just made an order of their top koicha match Miyako-no-mukashi, as I remember it was top quality, it was more than 2 years ago since I drank it, and it was on my wedding day.
I have ordered 2 gyokuro 1 sencha, and 1 matcha.

Apr 1st, '15, 07:59
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Apr 1st, '15, 07:59

I forgot to express my experience with Horaido, since it was the first time for me buying from Yasumori-san.

I ordered some matcha (Miyako-no-mukashi, Miyako-no-shiro HG, Miyako-no-shiro and Hatsumukashi) few weeks ago.
All my emails were replied within hours; I paid with paypal and received the parcel in a couple of days (using EMS).

The matcha itself is really really good (Miyako-no-mukashi is simply amazing), both the more expensive (such as Miyako-no-mukashi) and less expensive (such as Hatsumukashi).

Highly recommended!

+ Post Reply