Looking for Flavored Organic Green Rooibos Teas

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Aug 1st, '05, 17:28

Looking for Flavored Organic Green Rooibos Teas

by ithetan » Aug 1st, '05, 17:28

Any help would be appreciated.

Aug 1st, '05, 19:29

rooibos tea

by Lana Y » Aug 1st, '05, 19:29

Green Rooibos?
A Women is like TEA...You don't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water...

Aug 2nd, '05, 05:28

by Ron F » Aug 2nd, '05, 05:28

I just got some at www.specialteas.com

Aug 2nd, '05, 13:42

by ithetan » Aug 2nd, '05, 13:42

Green Rooibos is made from the same South African "red bush" as the traditional Rooibos, but it is not oxidized (fermented) and has a lighter, fruitier flavor. It is also caffeine-free and rich in essential minerals. And because it is not oxidized, it is high in antioxidents.

Checked out www.specialteas.com Looks like some tasty Green Rooibos blends, so I ordered some.

Been searching around though and having a hard time finding ORGANIC Green Rooibos blends. www.culinaryteas.com has some, but they are not ORGANIC.

Let me know if anyone is able to find a site to order ORGANIC Green Rooibos blends.

Thanks!

PS: Great site to share info!

Aug 2nd, '05, 13:52

Green Rooibos

by Lana Y » Aug 2nd, '05, 13:52

Very interesting...Thank you
A Women is like TEA...You don't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water...

Aug 2nd, '05, 15:07

by chris » Aug 2nd, '05, 15:07

Please keep in mind, there is a reason that Adagio doesn't sell Green Rooibos.... In our opinion, it simply isn't as tasty as the "fermented" (red) rooibos.

Just a warning to those that might visit the links above: try a sample before committing to larger sizes!

Best,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Aug 2nd, '05, 22:57

by Guest » Aug 2nd, '05, 22:57

Chris,

Your right, Green Rooibos is not as strong tasting as Red. It tastes similar to green tea. You guys sell Green tea don't you?

I like it because it makes great ice tea.

Also, being that it is organic, has a higher antioxident content, even than Green Tea, and has no caffeine, unlike Green Tea, makes it healthy to drink. And I drink a lot of it.

I think more and more people are drinking tea for the health benefits.

Sure wish you guys would start carrying it and advertising it as such. You might be suprised how many people buy it.

Dan

Aug 3rd, '05, 00:12

by PeteVu » Aug 3rd, '05, 00:12

yeah its gonna taste great when you drink your organic tea all the way to the hospital with malaria.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Aug 3rd, '05, 01:29

by ithetan » Aug 3rd, '05, 01:29

Malaria?

Care to explain yourself?

Aug 3rd, '05, 16:24

by PeteVu » Aug 3rd, '05, 16:24

oh im just a babbling old man. but actually in the days of DDT no one really thanked the chemical for effectivly killing the mosquitoes that carried malaria. Now we dont have to worry about malaria in the states, but malaria is still a huge problem in south africa and im honestly afraid to try roobios because organic means no pesticides which means malaria. Of course, my paranoia is mostly unwarranted because i have never heard of anyone getting malaria from roobios, nonetheless, i think i can live without it. Also boiling water would properly sanitize your tea, which fortunately agrees with the proper brewing technique for rooibos, but any travelers guide will tell you to boil water atleast for one minute, and boiling tea is a definate no no. Im not telling anyone to stop trying roobios, but the more you know... ::shooting star with rainbow trail::
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Aug 3rd, '05, 16:30

by Guest » Aug 3rd, '05, 16:30

Now I understand your concern.

However, you would have to be bitten by the mosquitoes that carried the malaria to get malaria.

The tea leaves are not the carrier of Malaria.

Aug 3rd, '05, 16:39

by Mike B » Aug 3rd, '05, 16:39

Of course, my paranoia is mostly unwarranted because i have never heard of anyone getting malaria from roobios, nonetheless, i think i can live without it.
For malaria, the equation looks like this:

Malaria plasmodium + Anopheles mosquito

I totally get your caution, PeterVu (which is why I wear water wings in the shower) -- but your chances of getting malaria of any kind from brewed or unbrewed tea are 0%. You need a mosquito infected with P. falciparum (which causes something like 88% of all malaria cases), P. vivax, P. ovale, P. malariae, P. knowesli, or P. semiovale to bite you.

Want to learn more about parasites? Do you also have a cast-iron stomach? Then I highly suggest Parasite Rex. But don't eat it before eating pad thai. Seriously.

(Alternately, you can look for me in the Invertebrate House of the National Zoo where I volunteer on weekends. We can talk parasites and then I'll let you feed an anemone.)

Aug 3rd, '05, 16:42

by PeteVu » Aug 3rd, '05, 16:42

the same thing goes for corn in america. just because mosquitoes arent being shipped alive with the corn doesnt mean you're not at risk. consuming a mosquito would be just as bad i imagine.

Aug 3rd, '05, 16:52

by Mike B » Aug 3rd, '05, 16:52

consuming a mosquito would be just as bad i imagine.
Imagine no longer, my friend. Dead mosquitoes aren't good hosts for the parasites that cause malaria. Also, for a person to become infected, the mosquito has to bite them: the parasite's sporozites (think of sporozites as pre-parasites) live in the mosquito's salavary glands. When that happens, you have a direct transmission route: from the mosquito's salavary gland directly into your bloodstream.

If the sporozites don't get to your bloodstream? You're totally golden, Pony Boy.

Ingesting a mosquito (and we'll think of "ingesting" in this case as being totally accidental) would actually kill the sporozites since they'd have a tough time surviving our saliva (in our mouths) and gastric juices (in our bellies).

And that, class, ends Mike's zoology lesson. Tomorrow, pop quiz!

Aug 3rd, '05, 16:58

by Guest » Aug 3rd, '05, 16:58

Good info!

Now back to the topic: Still Looking for Flavored ORGANIC Green Rooibos Teas. Any leads would be appreciated!

+ Post Reply