OTTI 2010 Round 1 ShinCHAAA ... and Reviews!

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

Re: OTTI 2010 Round 1 ShinCHAAA ... and Reviews!

Postby camw » Jul 13th, '10, 01:34

Have been a bit slack in getting around to trying these, but did finish the Maiko Kinari which I thought was really great. I thought it displayed excellent flavour purity, lifted fresh aromas and great balance on the palate. Really refreshing as well.

Quite different in style to my favourite shincha this year, the o-cha sae midori but I liked it almost as much. If I hadn't gone a bit silly and ordered so much Shincha (+ Round 1 and 4 OTTIs!) I'd likely order more. Will go on the list for purchase next year.

Moving on to the Maeda-en 88th night now.
camw

Postby camw » Aug 2nd, '10, 05:41

Maeda-en 88th Night was very good but probably on the second tier for enjoyment of Shincha that I've tried in 2010. Will consider purchasing in 2011.

Trying the Maeda-en Gold now and it is probably another tier (or two?) down, I think it has less complexity and depth and less elements of interest overall. Still nice to drink, but definitely prefer the 88th Night.
camw

Postby camw » Aug 6th, '10, 02:59

Some ratings and listing in order of preference. Now on to Round 4 and hopefully some time to do some more detailed notes. Will definitely buy the Maiko Kinari next year and the GTL Oishi was surprisingly good for my taste, that roasted character that others have mentioned really appealed to me, so that may make the order next year as well.

Maiko Kinari - 92
GTL Oishi - 88
Maeda-en 88th Night - 86
Den's Houryoku - 86
Den's Kunpu - 82
Maeda-en Gold - 75
camw

Postby Chip » Aug 6th, '10, 22:08

Thank you for sharing your reviews, etc. with us, Cam! :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions