Good tea vendors in Europe?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jun 14th, '10, 06:45

Re: Good tea vendors in Europe?

by Marco » Jun 14th, '10, 06:45

teacraft wrote:Certainly there is no VAT to pay on tea purchases in the UK, though a few herbals carry VAT - those that the VATman considers to be medicinal rather than beverage.

I can also confirm that sample packs from Nothing But Tea are a very cost effective way to 'dip your toe in the water' for new tea origins - Bolivia, Georgia, Guatemala, African whites from Malawi - and the exclusive Tea Buffs' Club features limited edition teas that I bring back from my travels. Latest is, from World Tea Expo, a delectable New Zealand grown oolong that selected members will receive a few grams of as a taster.

Nigel at Teacraft and at Nothing But Tea
Hi Nigel,
You've got me. With July I will order some more tea. And I really like sample packs to try out some. NBT is on my list :)

I just looked up the VAT-table in the EU for all countries. Oh gosh - Austria lost in case of tea.

@Proinsias: So a real Pu-lover hast to be rich. :D - 700 Pound - I could never afford something like this. And I really would fear that I scrap this tea. I have to learn a lot. And Pu Erh is totally new to me. So I think I will start with something decent :)
Still the question. I never have heard about aged Oolong. Does Oolong benefit from ageing?

ciao
Marco

Jun 14th, '10, 10:41
Scrolling: scrolling

by Proinsias » Jun 14th, '10, 10:41

Oolong benefits from aging if you like aged oolong 8)

Some of it is lovely, some of it is not so good. Much like pu'er it depends on how and where it is aged.

Jun 20th, '10, 03:45

by zencha » Jun 20th, '10, 03:45

What do you think of this one :
http://shop.benjowskitea.de/teashop/tea/home

Jun 24th, '10, 16:35

by Marco » Jun 24th, '10, 16:35

zencha wrote:What do you think of this one :
http://shop.benjowskitea.de/teashop/tea/home
Thank you - didn't find this one yet.
They have a broad range of products. Looks quite good.
I am not sure about the priceing but I will compare a little.

They sell Keiko tea - have seen this brand a few times yet. Does it have a good quality?

Jun 25th, '10, 08:18

by zencha » Jun 25th, '10, 08:18

Jul 5th, '10, 10:23

by raveme » Jul 5th, '10, 10:23

The first real tea ever bought was from le palais des thes in france. their tea selection is realy good, even though a bit expensive. nowadays i buy most of my tea from a local vendor that imports directly from china and the prices are realy good. unfortunately he doesn't have an online shop yet, but he will soon.

Jul 5th, '10, 14:29

by Shaiha » Jul 5th, '10, 14:29

raveme wrote:The first real tea ever bought was from ] in france.
I don't know about this particular vendor but I can recommend Jing Tea. They are located in England and I haven't tried any of their teas that aren't first class. Amazingly enough, this also includes the bagged teas.

BB,

Shaiha

ps. I am sorry. I tried to include the URL but I have no idea how to do so on this forum

Jul 5th, '10, 16:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 5th, '10, 16:17

Shaiha wrote:
raveme wrote:The first real tea ever bought was from ] in france.
I don't know about this particular vendor but I can recommend Jing Tea. They are located in England and I haven't tried any of their teas that aren't first class. Amazingly enough, this also includes the bagged teas.

BB,

Shaiha

ps. I am sorry. I tried to include the URL but I have no idea how to do so on this forum
Since you are new to the forum, your url is semi blocked in the programing as a spam prevention. Post it and I can edit it to work.

Jul 13th, '10, 16:08

by Marco » Jul 13th, '10, 16:08

I now have on my list enough vendors to buy from for the next years :D
Some in the EU and some all over the planet.
Tried to reduce it for my first orders - and still 7 left :D

Great thanks to Proinsias and teacraft (Nigel) - I just got my order from NBT and I am very happy with it. Nice teas - didn't try the samples yet - very fast delivery (3 days) - good packed and really no problems at all.
Will be a returning custumer.
And will recommend it for the vendor list the next days.

ciao
Marco

Aug 11th, '10, 15:10

by Ravi » Aug 11th, '10, 15:10

Sorry to jump in so late to this conversation, a couple shops in London you may consider -

www.postcardteas.com
They have good selection Japanese greens, some oolongs and whites too.

www.bellocq.com
The organic sencha, gyokuro, ali-shan, white peony and the silver needles are all great. Avoid the frozen summit. I work for this business in the U.S.

In France, it was already mentioned, but most of the pure leaf teas I've bought from Mariage Freres have been good quality, except their oolongs.

+ Post Reply