recommendation/large tea sack

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

recommendation/large tea sack

Postby teanow » Jun 30th, '07, 10:47

I would love to see adagio to offer a large tea sack to use for loose tea for an 8 cup teapot.
teanow

Postby Mary R » Jun 30th, '07, 13:33

What, like the paper filters? That's an easy enough fix--use more filters. :) It might even give you better results, what with an increase in surface area and all.
Mary R

reply/ lg tea sack

Postby teanow » Jun 30th, '07, 14:48

Thanks, I will try using more small sacks. However, I have purchased the teapot size tea sacks; and they work great. It would take more time to use several small ones; and I still would prefer to use the large for a teapot.
Also, when is adagio going to have a variable temp teapot availabe?
teanow

Postby Mary R » Jun 30th, '07, 15:52

I'm afraid I can't help you there. You can PM the user Xine or go to the Adagio homepage and click either the section "E-Mail Us" or "Send an e-Mail to our Tea Expert."
Mary R

Postby xine » Jul 1st, '07, 22:52

Hey, teanow!

We should be getting the utiliTEA in soon- by the end of this month. Keep your fingers crossed that nothing happens to the shipment while it crosses the deep blue seas!
xine

Tea bags

Postby hop_goblin » Jul 2nd, '07, 01:30

I actually have have paper filters for tea pots. I bought them at Target for something like 100 for 4.00 USD or something. They are called Finum Tea Filters
hop_goblin

tea sacks

Postby teanow » Jul 4th, '07, 16:30

Thanks, I will check our target. And I just read about Adagio's triniTea maker. I wonder if there are any reviews about this. I haven't seen anything to compare this to. I am so glad there is finally a tea maker that allows a variable temp control, infusion timer & warmer. Will probably order this; but would love to read any reviews.
teanow

Postby Daughteroftheki... » Jul 5th, '07, 10:30

Teanow,
If you go to the home page for adagio.com, click on teaware, you'll find the TriniTea and Utilitea and lots of reviews. All their products have customer reviews, which I've found really helpful deciding what to try, and what not to try.
Adagio also has the best price I've found on the disposable paper teasacs: 100 for $3. They're especially good for fine pieces like rooibos and handy for traveling. A couple friends of mine love their muslin teasocks, though -- indigotea.com carries one.
Daughteroftheki...

TriniTea

Postby teanow » Jul 5th, '07, 20:48

I just read all the reviews on the TriniTea from adagio's site. It seems a common compllaint is that it does not have a variable temp control, just two temps to choose from. I wonder if anyone knows what those actual temps are?

Also I agree adagio has the lowest price on teasacs. However, they do not offer the large teasac....for teapots.
teanow

Postby Daughteroftheki... » Jul 6th, '07, 12:05

Yes, Adagio -- please consider adding the larger paper teasacs to your line.
Until then, Teanow, we'll have to get them elsewhere. Quite a few other sites sell a variety of sizes: Devotea, Culinaryteas, Dragonwater, Specialteas, were a few places I found them while looking around.
Daughteroftheki...

Postby Marky » Jul 7th, '07, 10:48

I got a great Danish cotton 4" tea sack from mountainroseherbs.com. I use it all the time for pots of tea. It was cheap too. In a pinch, I've used paper coffee filters for pots of tea. That can be a little messy though.
Marky

Instant Messenger

Permissions