2010 Nada BanpenAstringency
-(mouth) - Low.Mouthfeel
- Decent, not as good as the Bangwai but up there.Huigan
- Resounding Ku wei cuts into a light & soft huigan. Banpen is close to LBZ, so the ku wei is impressive much like the Bulang.Flavor
- With the first sip, the word "vibrant" came to mind. Amazingly complex but still has that Nadacha clean taste
that I've come to associate with the stuff he commissions. The Chaqi of this tea was also great, the only one so far that had me energized and bouncing off the walls. Overall value
- Close to LBZ... reflected in the price.Purchase again
- I don't have a cake, but I'd pick one up if I had more money (the usual
This is my last review of Nada's 2010 teas, as I don't have the Nannuo. I can honestly say I loved them all.
The Bulang & Banpen both seem to me to have the best aging potential. That is, if you subscribe to the more ku wei & astringency is better
I found the Manmai & Mansai to be similar in their current drinkability and friendly flavors. Bangwai is in the middle of these four I guess.
I'd really love to have a cake of each of these teas.