Jul 9th, '07, 22:00

Ocean State Job Lot!!!

by rabbit » Jul 9th, '07, 22:00

OK... so I was in an OSJL the other day- in case you don't know what it is... it's a store known for being incredibly cheap because they buy all the crap that other stores can't sell, or the out of season stuff- well I was walking around in the the kitchen goods area I actually found quite a few Japanese tea sets and tea cups! They were VERY cheap too, I think about $9.99 for a set, and $1 per cup... they were obviously not the best, but the design was a nice subtle Japanese style, I believe the cups were between 1.5 and 3oz. and the teapot looked about 8oz. I didn't have my cell to take a picture, but I figured I'd let you know, if you have one in your area maybe you'd find some cheap teaware there.

http://www.oceanstatejoblot.com/osjlprod/

(BTW, I hate this store, so don't think I'm advertising or anything, lol)
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Jul 9th, '07, 22:29

Re: Ocean State Job Lot!!!

by augie » Jul 9th, '07, 22:29

rabbit wrote: (BTW, I hate this store, so don't think I'm advertising or anything, lol)
LOL Sounds like Big Lots or Unclaimed Freight Store here in the midwest. The place is maddening! I hate walking through aisles of crap for hours to find one small thing that is $.50 cheaper than Wally world. I don't have time. . .
Then I find that one thing -- like your tea set -- that i absolutely fall in love with and that's enough to get me in the door again. Like a hog to a trough of slop.
Post a picture of your set . . .

Jul 9th, '07, 22:36

by Mary R » Jul 9th, '07, 22:36

Ah, for a brief instant I thought you'd become a spammer!

This store sounds a bit like the Tuesday Morning chain, also in the Midwest. They tend to sell 'higher end' castoffs. I'm not sure how they judge the whole higher end claim...but you can usually find a nice gem there. That's where I found my tetsubin of awesomeness.

Jul 10th, '07, 01:04

by Eastree » Jul 10th, '07, 01:04

Big Lots is also in the South-East. So is Tuesday Morning.

Anyhow, there's yet another store somewhat similar in function here (normal grade salvage and craft, but avoid the pots and bakeware), and you've tempted me to peruse its shelves for stuff again! (I went there in part of my search for a few kinds of beverage glasses before, and my super-megaball-fish bowl). It would be a good place to look for teaware as well xD

If you're curious about the fish bowl: http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/Ea ... G_0005.jpg

+ Post Reply