Anyone having problems with the new IngenuiTea?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jul 10th, '10, 12:49

Anyone having problems with the new IngenuiTea?

by lexlaw » Jul 10th, '10, 12:49

My old tea brewer was jamming, so I purchased the new IngenuiTea. They have changed the design, and I'm very disappointed. I get tea leaves in my tea, because they did away with the filter screen, and it jams and leaks out all over the counter every few uses. Now I have to check that the release valve is not open every time. I always hand wash (no dishwasher) and have not used it more than 3 dozen times, and it's terrible!

Anyone had similar issues? I loved my old one. Why did they change the design? Or is it just me?

Jul 10th, '10, 13:30

Re: Anyone having problems with the new IngenuiTea?

by Poohblah » Jul 10th, '10, 13:30

The product description still mentions the mesh filter. I don't think the design was ever changed. I think you just got a bad copy that managed to squeeze through QC unnoticed.

Jul 10th, '10, 14:34

by laura99 » Jul 10th, '10, 14:34

There should be a separate removable filter screen. I would contact Adagio right away - it sounds like you got a bad one - or maybe the filter was just left out.

Jul 15th, '10, 10:42
Adagio

by ilya » Jul 15th, '10, 10:42

Drop us an email mentioning your problem and we will be happy to send you a replacement filter.

Aug 25th, '10, 11:00

by lubdubrn » Aug 25th, '10, 11:00

I have purchased several ingenuiTea's over the last few years. I use them everyday and have given Many away to friends because I love them so much. After a while of use I generally need a new one. I purchased a new 32 oz and am having the same problems that you describe! I am also dissapointed that when I pour boiling water into the tea pot the filter floats up and many of the tea leaves float down Under the filter!! I too do not like how they have changed the design!! :cry: :x

Aug 25th, '10, 12:36
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Aug 25th, '10, 12:36

Roughing up the edges of the filter will help it stay down.
Really scuff them up. Works great. :)

Aug 25th, '10, 16:16

by Katy1977 » Aug 25th, '10, 16:16

Victoria wrote:Roughing up the edges of the filter will help it stay down.
Really scuff them up. Works great. :)
I'm going to try this, my filter also pops up sometimes on mine and drives me crazy when it does!

Katy1977

Oct 9th, '10, 21:04

by KellyM » Oct 9th, '10, 21:04

lubdubrn wrote:I have purchased several ingenuiTea's over the last few years. I use them everyday and have given Many away to friends because I love them so much. After a while of use I generally need a new one. I purchased a new 32 oz and am having the same problems that you describe! I am also dissapointed that when I pour boiling water into the tea pot the filter floats up and many of the tea leaves float down Under the filter!! I too do not like how they have changed the design!! :cry: :x
I ordered my first ingenuiTEA and had the problem with the floating filter. But I don't think it was the ingenuiTEA, I think it was the filter itself. Adagio sent me a replacement filter and it now works great! It snapped into place and hasn't moved at all. I use my ingenuiTEA once or twice a day, heat the water directly in it and everything.

+ Post Reply