Teas lost in transition

For general/other topics related to tea.

Aug 31st, '10, 09:42
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Teas lost in transition

by Chip » Aug 31st, '10, 09:42

tjsan, sorry to hear about your package from O-Cha. They have been my fave vendor for at least 4-5 years. You should contact the seller directly, although they will not be able to track the package.

I have had a few packages arrive very late from various vendors in Japan ... around 3 weeks as I recall and only lost one (out of a total of likely close to 100). So there is still a chance, but the chances are getting slimmer by the day.

Since you are in Poland(?), perhaps your customs got a hold of the package ... in the USA that can cause lengthy delays.

I rarely opt for EMS for small tea packages from Japan, cannot justify the added expence when standard shipping rarely takes more than 5-7 days.

Aug 31st, '10, 10:54

by tjsan » Aug 31st, '10, 10:54

Thanks for the reply Chip!

I already contacted the o-cha and they confirmed the sending of my order and shipping address – all data was correct. The delivery was sent by 1st Class Mail so tracing is probably impossible.. :( It seems that a 1st class mail is very uncertain, in the future I will consider EMS Shipping. Is there a ray of hope that the package arrives to me after so long?

Aug 31st, '10, 11:04
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 31st, '10, 11:04

I am not so sure about how Poland is if/when customs gets a hold of a package. Italy is one of the worst.

If it was come here to the USA, there would still be a ray hope after 3 weeks, but it would be diminishing each day. 3 weeks seems to be the duration where if you did not get it by then, you likely will not.

But Europe can take longer.

+ Post Reply