Matcha Set

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jul 18th, '07, 14:00

Matcha Set

by Samovar » Jul 18th, '07, 14:00

My dear mother just ordered this Matcha set for me. I'm excited and I wanted to share the news.

http://www.pacleaf.com/Merchant2/mercha ... ry_Code=50

Samovar

Jul 18th, '07, 15:24
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 18th, '07, 15:24

...very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just started drinking matcha several weeks ago. This is such an incredible experience. I have found that all vendors tell you to use too much powder. I use around half, 2 grams per 120 ml. But be prepared to experiment.

I cannot stress enough the need to sift the powder before each use. I use a metal infuser from a tetsubin, works great. The vibrantly colored green matcha powder comes out all nice and fluffed up.

Oh, and the elixer is this incredible liquid emerald color. WOW.

OK, the question begs to be asked. Since you are a flavored tea drinker, will you drink your matcha straight?????

Oh, there are some good internet videos on making matcha, let me know if you are interested.

Jul 19th, '07, 08:48

by Samovar » Jul 19th, '07, 08:48

I will definitely drink matcha straight and I will definitely purchase a sifter.

I am very interested at looking at the matcha internet videos!!

Samovar

Jul 19th, '07, 09:28

by Chip » Jul 19th, '07, 09:28

...ok, here is one from Ippodo. Click on how to make matcha, scroll through the slide show to the end. There will be an option then to view the video. It is almost like they are hiding it.

http://www.ippodo-tea.co.jp/en/tea/index.html

They recommend 2 grams per 60 ml water. This is the "thin" method, but it is still too strong for many matchas. I will often use 2 grams per 120 ml. This also gives me more liquid to enjoy.

I have to look for the other videos. But youtube and yahoo videos are sure bets.

Oh, here is a forum heading on matcha that you might find helpful.

http://greenteaforum.o-cha.com/forum-7.html

Jul 19th, '07, 09:55

by Samovar » Jul 19th, '07, 09:55

Thanks for th information, chip! I watched both the slide and the "movie". I will save this site for reference.

I jonined the O-Cha forum a few weeks ago. It's a very informative site.

Samovar

Jul 19th, '07, 12:35

by Chip » Jul 19th, '07, 12:35

You are welcome. I have found there are tons of videos on this, too many to list. Like I said, youtube has a bunch. Search under matcha or tea ceremony.

The Ippodo one is very good though. I love the woman's voice, very calming and of course very Japanese.

+ Post Reply