Sep 9th, '10, 18:18

How does tea make you feel?

by Tea4Todd » Sep 9th, '10, 18:18

We probably have all read an article or medical reference or two of the reputed health benefits of tea, but how does Tea make you feel? Despite the known health benefits, what are some things you notice after prolonged tea consumption? Do you feel less tired, have more energy? Do you get sick less often, or feel that you are overall less stressed and more healthy? Share some of your tea health related experiences.

Sep 9th, '10, 18:22

Re: How does tea make you feel?

by Tea4Todd » Sep 9th, '10, 18:22

I'll begin: I started drinking tea many years ago when I lived in Portland, and I never really payed attention to the health benefits, I used to just buy bulk Japanese green tea bags and brew 4 cups a day, I noticed that I was never lacking in energy and rarely if ever got ill.

I stopped tea for a long time after that, and began a lot of sports and other forms of exercise. As I have gotten older, I have noticed despite my exercise and health habits, it's been harder to feel energetic and motivated on certain days, I also have days in which I feel very achey and tired.

I recently started drinking an abundance of Oolong and Black tea...at one point a few weeks ago I was going through a half a pot to a full pot of tea a day.

I noticed (besides having to go the bathroom every 5 min) that I felt leaner during the day, felt a little extra pep in my step, and also felt less tired when I woke up in the morning. I noticed my appetite also slightly increased, possibly due to the increased energy expenditure. In the gym, the tea seems to make me feel a little bit stronger and more motivated. I've really enjoyed how my body performs when drinking tea, and I plan to do so now for the rest of my life.

Sep 9th, '10, 18:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mr. Usaji » Sep 9th, '10, 18:32

Today I drank 5 cups of sencha, 2 cups of huang shan mao feng, and 1 glass of iced Ceylon. I feel tired and have horrible allergies. Must be the tea!

Sep 9th, '10, 18:43

by Tea4Todd » Sep 9th, '10, 18:43

Mr. Usaji wrote:Today I drank 5 cups of sencha, 2 cups of huang shan mao feng, and 1 glass of iced Ceylon. I feel tired and have horrible allergies. Must be the tea!

Lol! That's a lot of tea, but hopefully it's not causing you the allergies lol.

Sep 9th, '10, 20:01

by Katy1977 » Sep 9th, '10, 20:01

I feel healthier since I've been drinking tea, I rarely, if ever, (knock on wood) get sick and although I have been blessed with a good amount of natural energy feel that tea, as well as tisanes such as rooibos help to boost my energy and even balance my sleep cycles. Rooibos has also helped my skin look better and my nails grow longer. Tea is definitely an appetite suppressant for me and I now often enjoy tea instead of an unhealthy snack. For me, tea can make me feel energized, comforted, relaxed, depending on the type of tea I drink and the time of day. I do believe I will be a tea drinker for many, many years to come. :)

Katy1977

Sep 9th, '10, 20:17

by Tea4Todd » Sep 9th, '10, 20:17

Katy1977 wrote:I feel healthier since I've been drinking tea, I rarely, if ever, (knock on wood) get sick and although I have been blessed with a good amount of natural energy feel that tea, as well as tisanes such as rooibos help to boost my energy and even balance my sleep cycles. Rooibos has also helped my skin look better and my nails grow longer. Tea is definitely an appetite suppressant for me and I now often enjoy tea instead of an unhealthy snack. For me, tea can make me feel energized, comforted, relaxed, depending on the type of tea I drink and the time of day. I do believe I will be a tea drinker for many, many years to come. :)

Katy1977

I definitely have noticed the increased energy and I feel less "under the weather" lately. I haven't been drinking any tisanes or rooibos, I drink primarily oolong, I think oolong has helped to tighten my skin a bit as my muscular definition looks a lot better than it did before. I wouldn't mind trying tea as a snack substitute

Sep 10th, '10, 07:02

by PamEast » Sep 10th, '10, 07:02

I'm currently drinking about 6 to 8 cups of black or oolong tea a day, but this is a fairly recent developement for me, so it's probably too soon to draw any health benefit conclusions. Still, at the very least I am consuming far more liquids than I used to, which is a benefit in of itself. I'm more regular and I'm controlling my appetite MUCH better.

I'm finding it's really helping me stay on program with my weight loss regime. Where this is do to the fact that tea is known to raise metobolic rate and increase fat oxidation, or if it's just because I'm filling my stomach with liquids and that's helping feel less hungry, I'm not sure. But who cares as long as it's working!!

Pam

Sep 10th, '10, 13:21

by TwoPynts » Sep 10th, '10, 13:21

I am in a tea exploration mode right now, trying samples of all types. I do it for the flavor and for the ritual I guess you would say, and to help displace other types of less beneficial drinks. I find that if I drink a lot of tea for the day, cravings for them sweets are all but absent. I feel alert yet calm, better able to handle stress. I have good energy until bed (then I collapse).

Matcha really gives me a sustained boost of energy. It just feels good to drink it. Pu-erh is the only tea that I've noticed a ChaQi effect with though.

Sep 10th, '10, 15:50

by Tea4Todd » Sep 10th, '10, 15:50

PamEast wrote:I'm currently drinking about 6 to 8 cups of black or oolong tea a day, but this is a fairly recent developement for me, so it's probably too soon to draw any health benefit conclusions. Still, at the very least I am consuming far more liquids than I used to, which is a benefit in of itself. I'm more regular and I'm controlling my appetite MUCH better.

I'm finding it's really helping me stay on program with my weight loss regime. Where this is do to the fact that tea is known to raise metobolic rate and increase fat oxidation, or if it's just because I'm filling my stomach with liquids and that's helping feel less hungry, I'm not sure. But who cares as long as it's working!!

Pam

Definitely agree with you on the consumption of water, although since most teas act as a mild diuretic and deplete the body of vitamins and minerals, you should probably make sure you're drinking enough actual water too. Take more water soluble vitamins too: Vitamins B and C. I'm glad you're finding a way to stay on track with your regimen and that tea is helping :)

Sep 10th, '10, 17:15

by PamEast » Sep 10th, '10, 17:15

Ok, I'll bite... What does "ChaQi" mean?

Todd, Thanks for the note about water and vitamins. I do take vitamins every day. I'm drinking some of my tea in the form of iced tea with LOTS of ice, which melts and I end up drinking it all. So I think my regular water consumption is up too. Plus I"m sort of alternating with herbals such as Rooibos, which, I hope, do not have the same diretic effect?

Anyway, it's a good point, and I will do my best to drink some actual water each day too.

Pam

Sep 10th, '10, 19:07

by Tea4Todd » Sep 10th, '10, 19:07

PamEast wrote:Ok, I'll bite... What does "ChaQi" mean?
Been wondering about this myself too.
PamEast wrote:Rooibos, which, I hope, do not have the same diretic effect?
Rooibos has flavanoids in it, which CAN cause a diuretic effect, however, I think it has a pretty low occurrence of that. So you should be safe with it.

Sep 10th, '10, 19:22

by Kunkali » Sep 10th, '10, 19:22

I thought B vitamins were metabolized by the liver...so not water soluble like C

Sep 10th, '10, 19:40

by Tea4Todd » Sep 10th, '10, 19:40

Kunkali wrote:I thought B vitamins were metabolized by the liver...so not water soluble like C
No, liver metabolized vitamins are A,D,E,K which are fat soluble, therefore excess can be toxic to the body. B and C vitamins are water soluble and you can essentially consume an endless amount of them.

However, Vitamin C can cause gastric disturbances if taken in excess lol

Sep 11th, '10, 12:28

by auhckw » Sep 11th, '10, 12:28

I feel less richer in wealth but better in health :|

After drinking tea consistently, I noticed there is some slight dizziness if I were to lie down straight without anything supporting my head.

Sep 11th, '10, 16:02

by rhondabee » Sep 11th, '10, 16:02

Tea makes me feel gooood. It is an all natural mood enhancer for me. It also helps me to focus, yet feel relaxed at the same time. I drink it every day at work and at home on the weekends. I feel something is missing from my day if I don't get a chance to drink it. The fact is, I'd rather drink tea than wine with friends. With tea you get all the nice mood enhancing effects with none of the after effects like a hangover! One time I was at a bar talking about all the great benefits of tea, but I don't think I convinced anyone to switch over to tea drinking.

+ Post Reply