Raspberry Tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Jul 15th, '10, 18:41
Location: In a pasture across from Napoleon Dynamite's Grandma's house

Raspberry Tea

by tinafatlard » Jul 15th, '10, 18:41

Okay so I was wondering if anyone has a GREAT Raspberry tea recipe I could try? I have never made raspberry tea before and am trying to figure out how.
~tinafatlard

Sep 14th, '10, 12:21

Re: Raspberry Tea

by tropicanahana » Sep 14th, '10, 12:21

Yeah! Making a good fruit blend yourself is all about experimenting. I'm doing some self-blending, so I thought I would share my tips with you. You'll need your favorite loose leaf tea. Mine is dragonwell green. Matcha also takes fruit flavors well if you like green teas. (though I haven't tried anything else yet!)

Essential oils are what are used in flavored teas, for strong raspberry flavor you don't want to skip this step, but it's easy to control the amount when you use your own (as some teas taste too fake a perfumey with essential oils!). Taste the oil first on your hand, see exactly how strong and raspberry-falvored it is this way. Then put an ounce of tea leaves spread on a paper towel and spray the essential oil, holding it afar. A little will go a long way!! Then put the leaves in a bag and shake them this will coat all the leaves. Leave it to dry.

Then you add dried raspberries like from the compnay justtomatoes or another site that sells them dried. Just break them up and steep them with your tea! You will get a good raspberry brew.

I've used this site to order dried fruits and also my essential oils: http://www.barryfarm.com/dried_fruit.htm I just got a raspberry oil also, I can't wait for it to come and try it out!

Sep 14th, '10, 12:24

by TwoPynts » Sep 14th, '10, 12:24

Another method might be to do an infusion of fresh raspberries. Just wash some raspberries and put them in a jug of water and let them sit in the fridge overnight. The next day, strain out the berries and add your tea. This probably works best with iced tea and also a lighter tea such as a white. Here is a variation. I personally wouldn't add much sugar, if any.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Raspberry-Iced-Tea

If you do iced, consider making some ice cubes with the raspberries in them. Looks nice. :D

May 11th, '11, 05:17

by thomaslw123 » May 11th, '11, 05:17

A fruit iced tea
Iced red raspberry tea

4 Cups boiling filtered water
3 Tablespoons Sage Woman loose leaf tea blend
Sugar (optional)
4 Cups iced cold water

Bring the filtered water to a boil in a kettle
In the mean time place the loose tea leaves in a tea filter or infuser and place it in another container big enough to hold 3 quarts of liquid
Pour the boiled water over the tea filter
Time for 5 to 10 minutes
Remove the tea leaves
If adding sugar do it now and stir until the sugar dissolves
Add the iced cold waterServe in iced tea glasses filled with ice. Garnish with fresh fruit and mint leaves
:)

+ Post Reply