What's the best SN / Pai Mutan now?

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Sep 20th, '10, 14:20

What's the best SN / Pai Mutan now?

by Rainy-Day » Sep 20th, '10, 14:20

Hi, I'm a huge fan of both SN and Pai Mutan. My favorite used to be IPOT (both types). Then I was buying from hao de. However, my last order from them, for '09 SN, was a bit stale, (which is no fault of theirs because it is after all, '09). I was wondering.. what's the best source now for '10 season? I've heard http://camellia-sinensis.com is good in this forum, are both SN and PM good there? Is that the best source? If so, what other teas are recommended in that store (out of chinese greens, blacks and darjeelings, and oolongs)? Thanks!

Sep 21st, '10, 19:23

Re: What's the best SN / Pai Mutan now?

by teaskeptic » Sep 21st, '10, 19:23

The bai mu dan at Camellia Sinensis is OK this year, but the BMD from the Tea Gallery is much better.

I wouldn't hesitate to try their SN either, if I was looking.

Sep 21st, '10, 19:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mr. Usaji » Sep 21st, '10, 19:43

I can't answer this because I don't drink much white tea, but what are IPOT and hao de?

Sep 21st, '10, 19:58

by Rainy-Day » Sep 21st, '10, 19:58

IPOT is inpursuitoftea.com and hou de is houdeasianart.com . IPOT's SN and PM were always good but SN is expensive, too much so to be a regular tea for me; the same is true about their golden yunnan. Their other teas I tried are not bad but imho better value can be found in other stores. Hou De is well known for their great oolongs and puerhs (and a wide selection), and they usually have a couple of good greens and blacks too.

Sep 21st, '10, 22:48
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mr. Usaji » Sep 21st, '10, 22:48

Oh, Hou De. I didn't know about IPOT; all their black tea looks VERY expensive (even $21 for Earl Grey!).

A lot of people say good things about Teaspring for Chinese greens, so they might be good for whites as well. Their shipping (from China) is amazingly inexpensive.

Sep 22nd, '10, 08:52

by Rainy-Day » Sep 22nd, '10, 08:52

I often bought from teaspring, I really like some of their greens and blacks. Whites are ok but I wasn't bowled over by them.. Actually as I recall, most of time they're out of whites, whenever I'd check. I didn't check recently though. Will do.

+ Post Reply