Tea+Books=I need a place of sorts!

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

Tea+Books=I need a place of sorts!

Postby xine » May 2nd, '07, 13:04

Hey! I was wondering if anyone knew of any sort of tea establishment in the Tri-State (NJ, NY, CT, & i'll include PA/Philly) that incorporates tea and books. Not really looking for a bookstore with a cafe in it per se, but more of a place that is really intimate, and where the staff is both very knowledgable about books and tea (and not just books on tea. or tea on books. hehe), or a bookstore with a cafe in it that has an extensive tea list, or something other than lipton english breakfast. I know this is a long shot, but I'm trying to think of my next Traveling Teacup story for next month, and a place like that would be perfect to bring my S.O.

i'll also settle for a very nice bookstore (indie, small etc) with a nice tea cafe near by/next door. I'm picky, yes?

ox
xine
xine

you would love to check this place out =D

Postby lovintea » Jul 16th, '07, 16:26

The best place that I know of is called Janam Indian Tea Shop. It's based in Jersey City, NJ just 2 blocks away from the Grove St. station. The people there are really nice and friendly and the place itself is really cozy and comfortable, sort of makes u want to kick back and do nothing but to drink tea curl up with a nice book or something. The owner have some books and magazines for customers and also some boardgames. Once in a while it will have different events such as tea tasting and live bands. I'm an artist myself and every time i go there, the people gets me really relaxed and motivated at the same time to create more art.

here is the link to their website: http://www.janamtea.com

Hope this helps =D
lovintea

Postby xine » Jul 16th, '07, 17:34

Hi Lovintea, welcome, welcome, welcome! Thank you for the tip- I ought to check it out article or not. Where are you located? I'm looking to relocate (in the not too distance, but distance enough) future to JC.
xine

Postby lovintea » Jul 18th, '07, 12:04

Hi Xine =D So glad to hear back from you so soon.

I'm actually sitting at the tea shop right now. =) Yup, i forgot to mention that they also have free Wi-fi here.

The shop is in downtown Jersey City, NJ. I live about 20 min drive from the shop. it sounds like a hike but its alright.

If you are take the PATH train and get off at the grove st. station, you just have to walk on Grove st toward 1st. and you'll see it at the corner between 1st and Bay St. Their address is 353 Grove Street.

If you are looking into relocating into jersey city...downtown jc will be the best choice as of right now. They have new condos built and it close to a BJs and shoprite is rihgt next door. Newport Mall is in downtown too and they are changing the status of the mall with higher end stores. It's really developing but the price is a bit high. So it will be alot of hunting...I would eventually like to move there too but not in the near future. Where are you currently located? If you are not far from jersey city definitely try to stop at the shop. I think you would like it. =)
lovintea

Postby lovintea » Jul 18th, '07, 12:10

Xine -

The owner just told me that they are closing for renovation starting on July 23 until the 27th =(

-lovintea
lovintea

Postby xine » Jul 18th, '07, 12:55

gah. It's ok, I'll probably make a trip sometime in August after my vacation. VACATION ! hehe.

sorry, I'm a bit excited about getting out of dirty jersey for a week.
xine

Postby lovintea » Jul 31st, '07, 15:26

aww jersey is not THAT bad =P

well i hope you have a great time on ur vacation and maybe i'll see you at the shop =D
lovintea

Instant Messenger

Permissions