3-in-1 tea

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

3-in-1 tea

Postby Japonica » Apr 9th, '06, 19:57

I am interested in finding out more about 3-in-1 teas (tea with milk and sugar as a ready made combination). Does anyone have any experience of drinking this? In what format may it come? I know it is available in Asia, is it availabe anywhere else?
Japonica

Postby rabbit » Apr 10th, '06, 01:01

A friend from Japan sent me an interesting little thing called "Matcha Milk!", it came in plastic tube shaped packets, and it was matcha, powdered milk, and sugar all-in-one so all you do is add hot water, it wasn't to bad, but it tasted weak compaired to real matcha. But what exactly is it you want to know?
rabbit

Postby Japonica » Apr 10th, '06, 02:27

Thanks for the reply, that was helpful.
I want to know if it is just in powdered form that you can get this and why I can't seem to find any myself?
Where do I find some?
It is also useful to know if other people liked it before I go on a lengthly hunt for some for myself.
Japonica

Postby rabbit » Apr 10th, '06, 10:40

Well I think alot of it depends on if you've had and like matcha.

THIS is the ONLY place on the WHOLE internet that I've managed to find it, although I can't read the label... maybe if any of you read Japanese you could tell us who makes this please.
rabbit

Postby Madam Potts » Apr 10th, '06, 16:50

I had thought about that...making a blend that was ready made with powdered milk and sugar. You could do it more evenly with matcha, as with loose leaf tea, the granules would fall to the bottom...

Such an American concept: creating a ready-to-drink, on the go, everything-added way to consume what otherwise is taken with time and patience and ritual. lol
Madam Potts

Postby peachaddict » Apr 10th, '06, 18:49

Mad Pots wrote:I had thought about that...making a blend that was ready made with powdered milk and sugar. You could do it more evenly with matcha, as with loose leaf tea, the granules would fall to the bottom...

Such an American concept: creating a ready-to-drink, on the go, everything-added way to consume what otherwise is taken with time and patience and ritual. lol

Yeah, that's kinda sad. I've got some David Rio and Oregon Chai stuff that is powdered tea with powdered milk and sugar and/or honey added so that it just needs hot water added to it (add water and stir...sigh). I'm ashamed to admit i even have it. :oops: :oops:
peachaddict

Postby klemptor » Apr 10th, '06, 21:20

There's nothing shameful about that.
klemptor

Postby Carnelian » Apr 10th, '06, 22:13

Don't feel shameful, I had the same type of stuff until I found out I'm allergic (stupid honey). In my mind its better to have instant chai (plain instant is caustic) than to be without tea in a time crunch.
Carnelian

Postby snotbottom » Apr 12th, '06, 11:36

I've not seen the 3-in-1 tea, but I have had the 3-in-1 coffee, and it is pretty good, actually (probably from all the sugar.. :shock: ).

We N. Am's don't have the market cornered on "convenience" foods, much of Asia is coming up to speed very quickly (hence 3-in-1 products are typically only available there, even though they are produced my multinational companies like Nestle).

Cheers!
Paul
snotbottom

did anyone find out the name of the 3 in 1 tea?

Postby dippenz » Jul 15th, '07, 00:00

regarding the 3 in 1 tea, did anyone find out the name of this and where it can be purchased?

dippen at gmail dot com
dippenz

Postby Jomana » Aug 3rd, '07, 00:08

It's a frist time I heard 3 in 1

Is it available in Asia ...oh I don't heard about it
But I don't thing the taste is good

I will try to search about this tea
Jomana

Instant Messenger

Permissions