Signature Blends Box Pass Sign-Up

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Jul 29th, '10, 13:49

Re: Signature Blends Box Pass Sign-Up

by beckynoel » Jul 29th, '10, 13:49

Just so everyone knows, I have the box right now. I got it in the mail about 3 days ago and am slowly but surely going through it. And my goodness is that A LOT of tea.

I promise I won't keep it for long. I'll post some of my fav's once I send the box along to the next recipient.

Aug 2nd, '10, 13:44

by beckynoel » Aug 2nd, '10, 13:44

I really enjoyed my time with the tea box this past week. I'm not going to do full reviews, but I will make a list of my favorites, of which I took samples....

An Appetite Suppressant
PMS!
Life's A Peach
Bombs Away
Princess Tea Party
Almost Rosey
Atilla The Honey
Winter
Samurai

I remember someone mentioning, and I will reaffirm, that all the different teas together have formed this amalgamous scent that permeates each blend, making it a little difficult to get a good idea of how they're really supposed to smell/taste. It's probably especially true for the blends that have been in there for a while. It's actually a very pleasant scent, so it's not something to worry about.

Just sent the box off to Amaikokonut today.

Aug 2nd, '10, 14:03

by Amaikokonut » Aug 2nd, '10, 14:03

So excited! :)
I have a few blends on hand I plan on throwing in for the next round if they're not already in the box, heh.

Aug 6th, '10, 19:22

by Amaikokonut » Aug 6th, '10, 19:22

Alright so... reviews aren't my strong point. Bear with me!

Figure in the Shape of a Cloudby Deidra Hendrix
This was the first one I pulled out of the box and was really intrigued by. Maybe it was the strange name (or the mystery that the name was hard to make out, as the ink had nearly worn off the label), but I felt the need to try it first. It smelled awfully sweet-- at first I thought it might have caramel in it, but it actually brewed up to be very... I think robust is the word. Savory too. I really liked it, and was even more surprised when I checked the site to see what was actually in it (banana? I never would have guessed). Would really recommend this one; I don't see a lot of flavored black blends that aren't purely dessert teas.

Cherry Almond by Rebecca Yannotti
For round two I went with something a little more predictable from an ingredients standpoint. The almond is really, really strong in this (or that could be the cherry... they've always tasted awfully similar to me). I honestly don't ever remember having a flavored black with this strong of a flavor! When I added a bit of sugar I think I could taste the chocolate just a little. Quite nice overall.

At this point I had a friend over and she assisted me in further taste-testing!

Cranberry Zinger by Nancy Richardson
I actually can't find this one anywhere on the site, perhaps it was taken down? Anyway, we decided to try this one because, "it has a cat on the label!" The title "zinger" sort of reminds us of the Celestial Seasonings fruit herbal blends, which we're not the biggest fans of; but this was clearly a black tea, so we gave it a shot. Personally I'm not huge on cranberry, but I still remember enjoying it; a little tangy and a little sweet. I might have to revisit this one actually as I'm not remembering it terribly well right now, but my friend gave a positive review. I'm a little sad that I can't find it on the site, I'd be curious to know what's in it.

A Hard Smack on the Fanny by Sarah Almon
This was our favorite of the ones we tried together. I actually managed to guess the three ingredients quite quickly, not that it wasn't terribly difficult as they are all very distinct flavors, but they blended very nicely! I never would have expected lapsang and peppermint to go well together, but it reminded me an awful lot of a smokey (but not too overpowering) english breakfast tea overall with that kick of peppermint. I might have to buy a bag of this for those slow mornings.

De Lime in De Coconut by Sarah Almon
I -love- coconut teas. But on first sip, I'll be honest, I wasn't really sure about it. The flavors tasted a little strange, or maybe just that there was so much flavor that my mind wasn't sure if it was drinking tea, but once my tastebuds realigned themselves with my brain, I realized I really liked it. I'm not sure that it tasted especially tropical to me, but I enjoyed it.

Twilight - Edible Edward by Sarah Almon
Not a huge Twilight fan, but clearly I enjoy teas with strange names. I actually wonder if this baggie was left open in the box as some point, because this tastes exactly like the whole box smells. I couldn't really pick out any defining flavors; it was just overall tea yumminess. Makes me wonder if I left a fine mesh bag of a standard black tea in the box what it might taste like after being in there some weeks, hah.

I'm adding a few blends to the box and I figure I'll review those too, can't hurt, right? I wanted to contribute something without risking duplicates in the box, so I ordered a few things on my "to try" list that seemed fairly obscure and hoped for the best.

Wooden Tiger Chai by Daniel Bouchard
This one just sounded weird to me at first-- oriental spice -and- christmas? I ended up really liking it though-- like a very cinnamon-y chai. The cream is noticeable, too.

Cat Lady by Eleanor Justice
Yes. I picked this solely because it had a cute label. As I wrote in my review, it pretty much tastes exactly like an old lady's house. You just have to try it to understand. Personally, I love it; my friend was a little iffy about it. Whether you end up liking it or not though, I really think it's worth a try just for the strange and wonderful flavor combo.

Brightcat by Cam Collins
....I am not obsessed with cat labels, I swear. This one was actually a little weird-- I picked it because it had mambo in it, which I do love, but after tasting it (believe it or not) I think it would actually be better with any other black tea but mambo! The caramel and the rum are quite nice flavors but then it feels like the mambo is trying to butt in and take over the spotlight, rather than blending together smoothly. That said, this is still the only blend I've gone back for seconds on. It's just very interesting to drink, like a catfight in my mouth. But not as painful (okay, maybe I'm not a good reviewer, moving on!).

Wedding Cake by Tanya Laird
This one was by request and on my To Try list, so it worked out nicely. Personally though, it wasn't one of my favorites. It does seem to live up to its name, and would make a lovely dessert tea overall, but it just seemed rather... one-dimensional. Maybe I would drink this if I was craving cake, but it's just not what I personally look for in a tea.

More to come, most likely! This is the most fun I've had drinking tea in a long time :)

Aug 20th, '10, 10:38

by RachelC » Aug 20th, '10, 10:38

FYI I have the box and WOW that's a lot of tea. Once things start to settle around here I will go through the box. Thanks! :D

Aug 23rd, '10, 16:22

by RachelC » Aug 23rd, '10, 16:22

Alright, here is a current list of teas in this giant box of goodies... I am listing only the information found on the packaging so if your name isn't o. It I will not have your name listed below. Thanks!

1. Wedding Cake - Tanya Laird
2. Bright Cat - Cam Collins
3. Cat Lady
4. Wooden Tiger Chai - Daniel Bouchard
5. Serenitea: Kaylee - Austin Browncoats
6. Tango - Tanya Laird
7. Suede - Tanya Laird
8. The Scientist - Ashley Cordelli
9. Amortentra - Justin Bertrand
10. Black Dove - Tanya Laird
11. Warm Smell of Colitas - Sarah Almon
12. PMS! - Sarah Neubauer
13. Serenitea: Sihnon - Austin Browncoats
14. Simmer Down - Deidra Hendry
15. Agent Orange - Tanya Laird
16. Almost Rosey - Tanya Laird
17. Icicle - Tanya Laird
18. Cherry Almond - Rebecca Yannotti
19. Sweet Velvet Fog - Rachana Carter
20. Samurai - Tanya Laird
21. Princess Tea Party - Rachana Carter
22. Martha's Foolish Ginger - Tanya Laird
23. Envy - Courtney Skidmore
24. Fire On The Side - Tanya Laird
25. Goodnight Delight - Rebecca Yannotti
26. Green Menthe - Kristina Zito
27. Titania - Tanya Laird
28. Decaf Spice Trade - Rebecca Yannotti
29. Never Seen Blue - Tanya Laird
30. Petra - Tanya Laird
31. A Freakin' Twilight Fan - Sarah Almon
32. Mango Souffle - Rebecca Yannotti
33. Firefly - Austin Browncoats
34. Figure In The Shape of A Cloud - Deidra Hendry
35. Earth-That-Was - Austin Browncoats
36. Scorpio
37. Sensuality - Tanya Laird
38. Rhys M. Halloran's Favorite - Courtney Skidmore
39. A Caffine Free Christmas Tea - Woodie Barnes
40. A Pale Pink Monkey - Sarah Almon
41. Pub Fight - Austin Browncoats
42. An Appetite Supressant - Sarah Almon
43. Leo
44. Pisces
45. Bomb's Away - Deidra Hendry
46. Spiced Peaches - Rebecca Yannotti
47. Smooth Sophistication - Rachana Carter
48. Summer Passion - Sarah Neubauer
49. Board Stiff - Deidra Hendry
50. A Hard Smack On The Fanny - Sarah Almon
51. Silk Road - Tanya Laird
52. Atilla The Honey - Tanya Laird
53. Cool On Your Island - Tanya Laird
54. Creme De Banana - Rebecca Yannotti
55. Twilight Edible Edward - Sarah Almon
56. Twilight Edwards Thirst - Sarah Almon
57. #1 Me So Horny Tea Blues - Woody Barnes
58. Lifes A Peach - Sarah Almon
59. Rubies and Gold - Tanya Laird
60. Liquid Diamonds - Tanya Laird
61. Toffufay - Courtney Skidmore
62. The Fifth Doctor- Tanya Laird
63. Winter - Tanya Laird
64. The Power of Orange Knickers - Tanya Laird
65. Lucky Lime - Jeffrey McWinter
66. Cranberry Zinger - Nancy Richardson
67. Twlight Bella's Lullabye - Sarah Almon
68. De Lime In De Coconut - Sarah Almon
69. Twilight Carlisle's Compassion - Sarah Almon
70. A Minty Fresh Monkey - Sarah Almon
71.Hades: Mythology Series - Jeffrey McWinter
72. Serenitea: Ariel - Austin Browncoats

Wow, that's a lot of tea and it doesn't even include my additions yet. Can't wait to dig in and write reviews. I plan on including a link for my review on the teas I drink here and it will take you to Steepster where you read them.

RachanaC (RachelC) :D

Aug 23rd, '10, 16:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 23rd, '10, 16:26

:shock:

Sep 13th, '10, 13:14

by RachelC » Sep 13th, '10, 13:14

Well, I think I have all these teas figured out. I do not plan on trying them all. I have picked out what I want and not I will add some of mine. Once I have done that I plan on shipping it out to the next person. Hopefully I can get these out this week. :D

Sep 13th, '10, 22:25

by kymidwife » Sep 13th, '10, 22:25

Rachel, please PM Jazz88 before you send the box forward. :)

See my PM to you please.

Sarah

Sep 14th, '10, 15:18

by jazz88 » Sep 14th, '10, 15:18

Mailed you 3 blends: Americana, Bugs and Red Dragon.

Sep 14th, '10, 23:27

by RachelC » Sep 14th, '10, 23:27

Thanks Jazz88 I will add them to the box. Then I will ship it out to Eleanor as soon as she sends me her address.

Sep 16th, '10, 18:19

by jazz88 » Sep 16th, '10, 18:19

Rachel, just sent you a pm. I hope you got it.

Sep 16th, '10, 20:00

by RachelC » Sep 16th, '10, 20:00

jazz88 wrote:Rachel, just sent you a pm. I hope you got it.
I did thanks and Eleanore please PM your address to me. Thanks

Sep 26th, '10, 16:28

by EleanorJustice » Sep 26th, '10, 16:28

RachelC wrote:

Sent!
:>

Sep 27th, '10, 21:54

by RachelC » Sep 27th, '10, 21:54

EleanorJustice wrote:
RachelC wrote:

Sent!
:>
I will be sending this out in the next few days. When I do I will let you know.

Thanks,
Rachel

+ Post Reply