Bottled Tea

For general/other topics related to tea.

What is your Favorite Bottle Tea

Lipton PureLeaf
29%
Snapple Tea
14%
Brisk Tea
No votes
SoBe
No votes
Tazo
43%
Gold Peak
14%

Total votes: 7

Aug 12th, '07, 16:24

Bottled Tea

by hop_goblin » Aug 12th, '07, 16:24

Ok, understanding that it is impractical to make a thermos of Hot and Cold tea to take on the go - not only will this require more time than I have, I also don't want to lug around 2 containers on a bus scaring the other passangers. However, sometimes I need and want a quick fix to cool me down, so I buy a bottle tea occasionally. What do you recommend?

Ok I was actually adding more of a selection, but this was the limit that it allowed me too. Sorry!!
Last edited by hop_goblin on Aug 13th, '07, 09:27, edited 5 times in total.

Aug 12th, '07, 16:33

by Space Samurai » Aug 12th, '07, 16:33

I saw an Arizona tea last night that had sixteen ingredients. It scared the hell out of me.

Sorry Hop, but I didn't vote because I've never had any of those.

Adagio and Ito En are about equal for teas without sweetener, but Ito En has more variety. I've been fond of Honest Tea in the past, but lately some of the stuf they've been turning out is quite putrid. They have a Just Green Tea that's just horrible. I want to know how they took green tea and got something that tasted like that. Did they just boil the leaves for a fort night and bottled whats left?

Sorry, ranting a bit.

Aug 12th, '07, 16:35

by hop_goblin » Aug 12th, '07, 16:35

Yeah I kinda figured that the poll would raise a few Eyebrows! lol

Aug 12th, '07, 16:38

by Wesli » Aug 12th, '07, 16:38

...I recommend bottling your own.

Aug 12th, '07, 17:19

by Eastree » Aug 12th, '07, 17:19

What about one of the bottled organic fair trade tea options out there?

Aug 12th, '07, 18:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 12th, '07, 18:32

Blah...nasty sweet corn syrup infused yuck...I am being generous.

Well, I have to say though, the newer line of Snapples whites and greens looked pretty appealing during the heat wave last week, but I resisted the temptation.

This really sucks, you cannot go to a convenience store and get a good healthy iced tea, it is simply impossible, so why try.

They are all just as bad as any other bottled concoction in the cooler.

I have to agree with Rage on this one, I make my own, and refuse to buy anything I can buy around here.

RoT also makes an unsweetened line of bottled teas, but cripes, at around 3 bucks a bottle if you can even find it. But even theirs are mostly flavored anyway.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Aug 12th, '07, 18:56

by SnapshotCat » Aug 12th, '07, 18:56

The Tazo Green was okay but I'd rather have Inkos if I had to have a bottled tea.

Aug 12th, '07, 19:24

by Space Samurai » Aug 12th, '07, 19:24

SnapshotCat wrote:The Tazo Green was okay but I'd rather have Inkos if I had to have a bottled tea.
Yea! Someone else whose heard of Inkos.

Aug 13th, '07, 01:19

by SnapshotCat » Aug 13th, '07, 01:19

spacesamurai wrote:
SnapshotCat wrote:The Tazo Green was okay but I'd rather have Inkos if I had to have a bottled tea.
They're so good! I used to drink it when I lived in California and then suddenly couldn't find it but since I've moved I know four or five different places that carry it. I love the Honey Dew Melon and Peach flavors.

Aug 14th, '07, 00:05

by Mary R » Aug 14th, '07, 00:05

I like Honest T. But I don't drink 'em often enough to really have an opinion.

As always, bottled beverages are bad for the environment. The shipping of the water weight alone is probably worth a degree or two of our global warming. :)

Aug 14th, '07, 10:51

by xine » Aug 14th, '07, 10:51

SnapshotCat wrote:
spacesamurai wrote:
They're so good! I used to drink it when I lived in California and then suddenly couldn't find it but since I've moved I know four or five different places that carry it. I love the Honey Dew Melon and Peach flavors.
Oooh! Inko's Honey Dew Melon is so good! I like it whenever I go to Whole Foods for food.

Bottled Yerba Mate? I just got a case of Guayaki iced Yerba Mate- pretty good. I haven't tried the unsweetened mate (that's in a bit after my morning cup), but the flavored mates are pretty good and refreshing.

Aug 14th, '07, 18:30

Re: Bottled Tea

by augie » Aug 14th, '07, 18:30

hop_goblin wrote:However, sometimes I need and want a quick fix to cool me down, so I buy a bottle tea occasionally. What do you recommend?
Ok I was actually adding more of a selection, but this was the limit that it allowed me too. Sorry!!
Hop Goblin, purchasing bottled store tea? Don't do it! It's all flavoring and preservatives. I'd have to vote none of the above.

I bought one of those big 32 oz. plastic bottles at Wally World and ice my home brew and take it along. And I'm the Queen Mum of convenience food! LOL

I also found an ice cube tray that makes skinny cylandars that fit thru the bottles with smaller openings.

(For someone who hates W/M I do pretty good there. . .

Aug 15th, '07, 11:16

by SnapshotCat » Aug 15th, '07, 11:16

xine wrote:
SnapshotCat wrote:
spacesamurai wrote:
Oooh! Inko's Honey Dew Melon is so good! I like it whenever I go to Whole Foods for food.

Bottled Yerba Mate? I just got a case of Guayaki iced Yerba Mate- pretty good. I haven't tried the unsweetened mate (that's in a bit after my morning cup), but the flavored mates are pretty good and refreshing.
I saw that at Wild Oats but haven't bought one yet. It would definitely be a good way to see if I'm making the Yerba Mate I have correctly.

+ Post Reply