Ripped off

For general/other topics related to tea.

Oct 6th, '10, 01:38

Ripped off

by bagua7 » Oct 6th, '10, 01:38

I received TGY from an eBay seller "Cha Dao teas" that supposed to be premium quality and the vendor has sent me a lesser quality tea.

It doesn't have the buttery and milky lingering aftertaste of the sample I had last month. I am disappointed with this sort of poor customer service. What a cheek!

On the other hand, one of the vacuum sealed bags was busted. Maybe it was caused by Australian customs (we have very strict controls in this country), who knows.

Has anyone had this sort of experience with specific eBay vendors?

It is the last time I purchase tea from an ebay vendor except zen8teas for sure.

Oct 6th, '10, 03:35

Re: Ripped off

by Alex » Oct 6th, '10, 03:35

I've had great customer service from that vendor. Contact them and see what they say. (I use them for high quality gaiwans)

I usually only buy tea from DTH and & yum tea on ebay though (have started using UK vendors more recently). If you have a bad experience with a vendor then try and get it resolved with them,. If you get no joy from a vendor cross them off your list.

Oct 6th, '10, 04:39

by bagua7 » Oct 6th, '10, 04:39

Yes but dealing with gaiwans is an easy matter compared to "ficklish" teas.

I will shoot them a message and see how it goes...but I am not going to hold my breath with that dude since he doesn't reply to my messages as he should only when I get "upset" (not really just to fire up the inherent Yin nature of Chinese people, lol) with him and say things like:

I AM VERY UPSET WITH YOUR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Then he comes up with replies like: Sorry was busy dealing with too many queries as Xmas time is approaching.

What a load of crap! Lol.

I will post about the outcome, for sure.

Cheers.

Btw: here is a pic of the bag containing the sample (posted in another thread):

Here's a pic of what I just purchased:

Is it possible to tell the difference by comparing packaging?

Oct 6th, '10, 08:38

by Alex » Oct 6th, '10, 08:38

Well if you've given him the opportunity to sort it then you've done your bit.

If it doesn't get sorted then cross him off your list. Once you've got a decent vendor list there's not much need to deviate.

Hope it gets sorted. And do post up the outcome for the benefit of others. :)

Oct 6th, '10, 20:57

by bagua7 » Oct 6th, '10, 20:57

Yes, I see your point but I am as stubborn as he is as a good Chinese but I am also very stubborn. I purchased tea according to the sample provided by that vendor and not going to settle with lesser quality. I do not tolerate this sort of bullying and I don't care if he's based in Shanghai and I live 5000 miles away from him. He is not going to get away with it.

Gee, I wish you could try both samples and see for yourself. A big difference in taste, aftertaste and aroma. You will be thinking the same thing: I have been blatantly ripped off.

:(

Oct 7th, '10, 23:57

by bagua7 » Oct 7th, '10, 23:57

Zensuji wrote:...And do post up the outcome for the benefit of others. :)
Well, not final outcome as of yet...but it seems things are heading towards the path of conflict. Not that I am a troublemaker, but I certainly do not tolerate people selling me "junk tea."

OK, to cut things sort, I sent the day before yesterday a message to
China Cha Dao warning him that I would follow up with eBay if he didn't proceed either with a refund or send me the premium tea initially provided as a sample.

If he doesn't reply I'll escalate to eBay and open a thread in the oolong subforum warning people not to buy tea from that particular vendor due to his scam artist tactics. :x

Oct 8th, '10, 03:14

by Alex » Oct 8th, '10, 03:14

I'm sorry to hear its not going well. Luckily with eBay paypal always favours the buyer so you're the one in control here. Just give him the opportunity to fix it at each step of the way and you've played it fair.

Oct 8th, '10, 03:24

by auhckw » Oct 8th, '10, 03:24

If I were you, since such damaged was caused... Even if the vendor decides to replace me with the right / better tea, I doubt I will consume it. Not sure what other anger add-on is put into the tea leaves :roll:

Oct 10th, '10, 04:44

by bagua7 » Oct 10th, '10, 04:44

OK this is the final update: the vendor admitted sending me a different grade and also apologised for that. He'll send me TGY premium spring 2010 at no cost. So good news.

:D

Oct 10th, '10, 04:46

by Alex » Oct 10th, '10, 04:46

mayayo wrote:OK this is the final update: the vendor admitted sending me a different grade and also apologised for that. He'll send me TGY premium spring 2010 at no cost. So good news.

I thought that would be the outcome. My experience of this vendor has been very good. Be sure to update again when you get the tea to verify.

Oct 10th, '10, 05:48

by auhckw » Oct 10th, '10, 05:48

mayayo wrote:OK this is the final update: the vendor admitted sending me a different grade and also apologised for that. He'll send me TGY premium spring 2010 at no cost. So good news.

So does it mean that it is by purpose that they sent a diff/lower grade?

Oct 10th, '10, 06:05

by bagua7 » Oct 10th, '10, 06:05

I will provide with a further update as you wish.

auhckw,

I wish I could answer your question. There is too much bad karma around to get some more. Please not.

Let's give the vendor the benefit of the doubt. :D

+ Post Reply