Penang Tea Session, May 2009

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 20th, '09, 12:21

by Jedi » May 20th, '09, 12:21

[quote="oldmanteapot"]
Jedi,

Don't kick ourself too hard... just drop me a line... I'll see to it that you get your stock of TuoCha when make your next trip to Penang.

Cheers!!

:D[/quote]

Oldman, I think he needs to get those Tuo's into a warmer space with a lot more humidity to develop further.

Have you kept any of them??

May 20th, '09, 13:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » May 20th, '09, 13:54

Great pictures, where is the shop? Is it in Georgetown?

Do they have many Oolongs?

I visit Malaysia annually for vacation, 2 years ago we stayed in the Blue Mansion, the ambience there would be fantastic for drinking Chinese tea!

Cheong Fatt Tse must have been an amazing man,

http://www.cheongfatttzemansion.com/

We both loved the Blue Mansion, it would be nice to stay there again, see more of the island away from Georgetown, and explore some tea shops. My love of tea developed after my Penang visit.

May 20th, '09, 21:58

by oldmanteapot » May 20th, '09, 21:58

Jedi wrote:Oldman, I think he needs to get those Tuo's into a warmer space with a lot more humidity to develop further.

Have you kept any of them??
HI Jedi,

Well... for selling purposes, usually they won't want it to develop too quickly. As you witness that day, a little exposure to higher humidity will change the Tuo significantly. So... not much of an issue for us here... ehehehe...

Nope. I've not kept any. Might pop by to get a few as daily drinkers...

Cheers!!

May 20th, '09, 22:02

by oldmanteapot » May 20th, '09, 22:02

Herb_Master wrote:Great pictures, where is the shop? Is it in Georgetown? Do they have many Oolongs?
The shop is out of Georgetown, along the way to the beach resort area. He has oolongs, but not every type. What is your preference? Pu'erh is the hottest item now, so every tea shop stocks up on Pu'erh.
Herb_Master wrote:I visit Malaysia annually for vacation... We both loved the Blue Mansion, it would be nice to stay there again, see more of the island away from Georgetown, and explore some tea shops. My love of tea developed after my Penang visit.
Looks like it's time for another trip to Penang. We can bring you tea shopping.. ahahaha...

Cheers!!

May 20th, '09, 23:54

by Jedi » May 20th, '09, 23:54

oldmanteapot wrote:...
Well... for selling purposes, usually they won't want it to develop too quickly. As you witness that day, a little exposure to higher humidity will change the Tuo significantly. So... not much of an issue for us here... ehehehe...

Nope. I've not kept any. Might pop by to get a few as daily drinkers...
Excellent idea my good man!

If you end up getting some, please pick one up for me and keep it in a warmer/wetter condition till we meet next?? Due to the compression of the tuo I think it'll need a good year or so to develop and improve, but the potential is there!

May 21st, '09, 17:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » May 21st, '09, 17:27

oldmanteapot wrote:
Looks like it's time for another trip to Penang. We can bring you tea shopping.. ahahaha...

Cheers!!
My preference is torn between Wuyi and Fenghuang.

So the shop is some distance beyond Gurney Drive then ?
Best wishes from Cheshire

May 21st, '09, 23:06

by oldmanteapot » May 21st, '09, 23:06

Herb_Master wrote:So the shop is some distance beyond Gurney Drive then ?
Nope. Only 3-5 minutes by car from Gurney Drive.

May 23rd, '09, 08:52

by pgho » May 23rd, '09, 08:52

Hello Jedi and Oldmanteapot,

Thanks for the update on the GTG in Penang. That was surely a very productive afternoon for the group; plenty of nice food and followed by round after round of fine teas. I am looking forward to the next session, especially after Mr Khor promised to treat us to his personal 1930's Liu An collection.

Jedi, you had so much tea that you even missed the tea I brought to the GTG. Here are some of the pictures of that beeng, eh ... I meant what is left of that cake. :D So hurry back to Penang!!! :lol:

May 26th, '09, 01:45

by Jedi » May 26th, '09, 01:45

PG... it was the tyranny of time that got to us that afternoon. It was with great reluctance that I left Penang that day! Your Yi-Wu tea is very high on my list of to-do's for the next trip to Penang!!

I've been in KK for over a week now, and have been 'subsisting' on some nice cooked Pu's and a few crumbs of aged sheng.

Actually had a dream about tuocha a few nights ago...

...strange...

Oct 16th, '10, 13:27

Re: Penang Tea Session, May 2009

by alan836 » Oct 16th, '10, 13:27

r u still in kk? i'm looking for buddies for kung fu tea session and would like to exchange knowledge.

+ Post Reply