Mandarin's Wuyi Jin Jun Mai

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Mandarin's Wuyi Jin Jun Mai

Postby TwoPynts » Oct 11th, '10, 15:51

I ordered a sample of the 2nd grade JJM from Mandarin's tea room and it arrived over the weekend. Packaging was very aesthetic and imagine my surprise to find a second sample of the 1st grade JJM! What a wonderful surprise, thank you. I had some of the 2nd grade today, and I must say the description on the Mandarin's website is quite accurate. What a treat!

http://www.themandarinstearoom.com/jin- ... _c_23.html
TwoPynts

Re: Mandarin's Wuyi Jin Jun Mai

Postby Proinsias » Oct 11th, '10, 16:33

I had a little of the 2nd grade a while back and rate it as one of the finest teas I've ever had the pleasure to drink.
Proinsias

Postby TwoPynts » Oct 11th, '10, 16:49

Proinsias wrote:I had a little of the 2nd grade a while back and rate it as one of the finest teas I've ever had the pleasure to drink.

It is outstanding. I am savoring the slightly watery but still yummy final infusion now. :)
TwoPynts

Postby AdamMY » Oct 11th, '10, 17:00

I have a sample of the 1st grade that I have yet to try, but I did go through the two packets of the 2nd grade I got, and I must say I was really impressed. One on its depth of flavor, and two on how smooth though bold it was. I may need to get more samples to really try and see which way I like it better, granny style in a chawan, or in a gong fu type prep.
AdamMY

Postby teaisme » Oct 13th, '10, 13:50

Tim what street were you on in your Sept 13 blog post? Is that somewhere in Central?
teaisme

Postby TIM » Oct 19th, '10, 16:08

churng wrote:Tim what street were you on in your Sept 13 blog post? Is that somewhere in Central?

Yes, Churng. Its the Stone Steps Street in Central. Glad you are all enjoying the Jun Mai. Cheers ~ T
TIM
Vendor Member

Instant Messenger

Permissions