Impra Tea - Earl Grey - Pure Ceylon Tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Sep 30th, '10, 05:40

Impra Tea - Earl Grey - Pure Ceylon Tea

by auhckw » Sep 30th, '10, 05:40

Coming from Green Tea, Puerh Tea... this is my very first time tasting Earl Grey - Ceylon tea.

First impression on the smell of the dry tea leaves is, what a weird strong smell. After tasting it, the smell and taste gave me goose bumps. I tried to finish my glass, but just couldn't... it tasted very alien.

Sep 30th, '10, 10:27

Re: Impra Tea - Earl Grey - Pure Ceylon Tea

by rabbit » Sep 30th, '10, 10:27

Interesting- I like the container that it's in :wink:

Sep 30th, '10, 11:10

by TwoPynts » Sep 30th, '10, 11:10

Yeah, that would be the bergamot oil. Can be startling at first.
I like it when I'm in the mood. A first rinse or second steep to get some of it off the leaves.

Sep 30th, '10, 13:39

by RaynBeatle » Sep 30th, '10, 13:39

Earl Grey is so classic. It's one of my favorites...but usually they have these little lavender colored flowers in it...

It's good with milk and sugar of course....also with just sugar...and I can't remember what it tasted like with nothing in it, it's been so long.

But that batch looks a little odd to me....you probably dislike the flavor cause it's not how it's...suppose to be it seems...perhaps you should try it with the milk and sugar....I've noticed a numerous amount of people on here are repulsed by sugar in their tea lol

Oct 13th, '10, 23:25

by entropyembrace » Oct 13th, '10, 23:25

It looks good, much better leaf grade than you typically see Earl Grey made with. I always liked citrus fruits and bergamot is citrus...no surprise Earl Grey ended being one of my favourites when I first started getting into tea and I was drinking a lot of flavoured stuff.

I´d never considered putting milk or sugar in earl grey...milk and citrus just seems weird to me and adding sugar to citrus just kinda masks the bitter/sourness of it which is the whole point of citrus to begin with right?

but then that´s just my personal taste.

I´d say give it another try and keep in your mind that the idea is it´s flavoured with citrus oil...so it´s got the flavour/aroma of lemon or grapefruit peel...it won´t be so alien then.

Oct 19th, '10, 03:01

by mosshorn » Oct 19th, '10, 03:01

I love Earl Grey, but ONLY with milk and sugar. Just enough milk to turn it a clay color though!

Oct 21st, '10, 15:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by the_economist » Oct 21st, '10, 15:21

entropyembrace wrote:It looks good, much better leaf grade than you typically see Earl Grey made with. I always liked citrus fruits and bergamot is citrus...no surprise Earl Grey ended being one of my favourites when I first started getting into tea and I was drinking a lot of flavoured stuff.

I´d never considered putting milk or sugar in earl grey...milk and citrus just seems weird to me and adding sugar to citrus just kinda masks the bitter/sourness of it which is the whole point of citrus to begin with right?

but then that´s just my personal taste.

I´d say give it another try and keep in your mind that the idea is it´s flavoured with citrus oil...so it´s got the flavour/aroma of lemon or grapefruit peel...it won´t be so alien then.
hear hear!

Earl Grey is my fav western style tea. the bergamont oil doesn't need good quality leaf to carry through, and english teas generally have rather crummy leaf quality so its super.

Oct 30th, '10, 15:37

by jodiklaus » Oct 30th, '10, 15:37

Earl Grey is a new favorite of mine. I did have a sample of one that was horrible! Hubby drinks Earl all the time and said it was fine but I just received a new kind and it's MUCH better!

+ Post Reply