TeaChat App for ipad?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Sep 5th, '10, 11:53

TeaChat App for ipad?

by A.Hunter0820 » Sep 5th, '10, 11:53

I just got an ipad and i thought it would be great if TeaChat had their own app for it..... I know I would use it!

Sep 5th, '10, 13:10

Re: TeaChat App for ipad?

by AdamMY » Sep 5th, '10, 13:10

I thought I have heard about people getting on Teachat from iPads. If you have internet access on the iPad can't you just go to this website and browse normally?

I'm pretty sure you do not need an app, nor do I know what the app would do that a web browser could not.

Sep 5th, '10, 13:22

by woozl » Sep 5th, '10, 13:22

I have been here on an ipad :mrgreen:

Sep 5th, '10, 14:51

by debunix » Sep 5th, '10, 14:51

Haven't tried teachat on an iPad, but on the iPhone, the structure of the forum site is really frustrating to use, because the fixed text box sizes on the 'active topics' screen cause the text to overlap the neighboring cells and make it very difficult to read. So I'd like TC to be more flexible this way for iPhone and iPad and when you need to put it in a small window on your main computer (to view while waiting for the slower program that you're *working* on to complete tasks)......but no need for a separate app.

Oct 26th, '10, 03:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Stentor » Oct 26th, '10, 03:56

AdamMY wrote:I thought I have heard about people getting on Teachat from iPads. If you have internet access on the iPad can't you just go to this website and browse normally?

I'm pretty sure you do not need an app, nor do I know what the app would do that a web browser could not.
You're right, you don't need an app to access TeaChat. However, most forum websites, including TeaChat, are not very "touch friendly".
I am visiting TeaChat on the iPad regularly and it renders just as well as it does on the computer, but an app with a touch friendly user interface would be preferable.

Regarding improving the TeaChat experience on the iPhone (where, due to the small screen, navigating a forum website is obviously more difficult), there is an iPhone app called Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/). It is basically a "forum viewer" app that lets you access forums with a nice touch optimized user interface.
If TeaChat admins enabled Tapatalk support (see Tapatalk website) it would practically be like a TeaChat app.
I was going to make a new thread about this but it kind of fits in here as well.

What do the admins think?

Oct 26th, '10, 05:31

by Proinsias » Oct 26th, '10, 05:31

I drop by occasionally on my ipod touch and this is, I think, the only forum I frequent which doesn't display properly. As mentioned above thread titles, descriptions, and forum names all overlap.

Oct 26th, '10, 10:13

by tortoise » Oct 26th, '10, 10:13

Tapatalk is the way to go. I use it on the iphone for another forum and it's fantastic and easy. There are some things that won't work, like chat for instance, but it's much easier to use than the website on mobile browsers. I don't own an ipad, but have used one pretty often. Seems like the website would work fine for that unless there is some other reason to have an application.

I think a cool ap for tea lovers would be one that lets you collect favorite teas you've had, review them, and read other folks' reviews. Maybe this already exists.

Oct 26th, '10, 11:51

by debunix » Oct 26th, '10, 11:51

I just browsed the app store and several forum apps--tapatalk, forum runner, and one other that showed up on the same page--all say the forum has to install a simple script before they will work. It would be terrific way to use this forum.

Nov 9th, '10, 04:20

by Stentor » Nov 9th, '10, 04:20

Any official opinion on the Tapatalk (iPhone) idea?

+ Post Reply