Thursday TeaDay 10/28/10 Prefer tea alone or shared?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Yesterday, 75% of responders said they were drinking their tea alone, BUT TODAY, we want to know, do you prefer to drink your TEA alone?

Yes. For me, tea is a state of mind, focus. I definitely prefer my tea alone
5%
Yes, most times I like my tea alone. It is a retreat, a private moment
9%
Yes, generally I prefer my tea alone
12%
Yes/no...I prefer to split my tea time
30%
No, generally I would prefer tea time shared
23%
No, I generally prefer tea time shared
7%
No, I would always like to share my tea time with someone
7%
Other
7%

Total votes: 43

Oct 28th, '10, 01:07
Scrolling: scrolling

Thursday TeaDay 10/28/10 Prefer tea alone or shared?

by Chip » Oct 28th, '10, 01:07

Welcome to TeaDay everybody! Pour a pot and come share with everyone what is in your cup today...all day. So, stop by throughout the day if you are able and post updates. If you must reflect back on your teaday, we would enjoy that too.

While you are here, be sure to check out what everyone else is sipping today...that is half the fun, right?

Yesterday we discussed whether we were drinking tea alone. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. Do you prefer to drink tea alone or share a cup? What do you prefer...and why. So please share with everyone what you prefer...a solitary tea time or one shared...or some where in between. And why of course.

I am looking forward to hearing about what is in your cup today and hearing your responses. Have a great TeaDay, everyone.

Oct 28th, '10, 01:50

Re: Thursday TeaDay 10/28/10 Prefer tea alone or shared?

by entropyembrace » Oct 28th, '10, 01:50

I´d prefer to share my tea times with my gf as much as possible...but that´s not possible very often with us both living in different countries now. :(

Oct 28th, '10, 02:04

by auhckw » Oct 28th, '10, 02:04

I wished my wife would sit down beside me while we brew and drink the tea together... but she doesn't like it at all.

Hope as we aged together, she will slowly find some interest.

Meanwhile, my backup plan is hope when my baby grows up, he will sit next to his daddy and drink tea. I am buying progressively quite a number of puerh for his future consumption, and if he doesn't like em, what a pity... I may just sell it off and use the money for hoilday :lol:

Oct 28th, '10, 07:24

by artmom » Oct 28th, '10, 07:24

I checked Other. I enjoy sharing my Tea with certain people, but am choosy about with whom I share this very important part of my day. Also, I like drinking Tea alone, remembering those important people in my life with whom I shared this love of Tea. :D

No Tea yet this morning, but when I do drink it, I'll be thinking of October 28, 1962 when our youngest son was born. My DH was in the Florida Air National Guard and we were in the middle of the Cuban Missile Crisis and he had been confined to base for several days. He did get home in time to get me to the hospital! I shared Tea with my sons every day after school up until university. :)

Oct 28th, '10, 09:51

by jodiklaus » Oct 28th, '10, 09:51

I love to sit and have tea with others, but that's not always possible so I do drink alone.

In a moment I'll be making Republic Green Chai. I'm very excited as I have not tried it but it smells heavenly with almond in it! Doesn't seem like it'll be a very spicy chai as I'm use to.

Oct 28th, '10, 10:45

by msurads06 » Oct 28th, '10, 10:45

I would generally PREFER to have some one to share tea time with, but since i live alone and dont have any friends or family who like tea, i pretty much always have tea time alone.

Starting out the day with a tasting of tgy#5 from OTTI.

Oct 28th, '10, 11:48

by debunix » Oct 28th, '10, 11:48

This morning, a quiet sencha alone, a pleasant thing in the morning, preferable solo like this when I am not yet fit for human company...

Demonstrating that this lovely Hagi looks even lovelier full of sencha. It's just the right size for two infusions from my little kyusu.

Oct 28th, '10, 11:50

by rabbit » Oct 28th, '10, 11:50

I said "most times" I prefer it alone, but that could just be because it's how I am used to taking my tea, I do really enjoy sharing good tea with friends when they are up for it, but most of the times they aren't.

Oct 28th, '10, 12:43

by JRS22 » Oct 28th, '10, 12:43

I enjoy drinking my delicate green teas alone, so I can pay attention as the quality of the tea changes with subsequent infusions. When I have company I generally brew a pot of jasmine pearls - excellent tea, and pleasing to a variety of guests.

In my cup this morning, first, An Ji Bai Cha, and second, Tai Ping Hou Kui, both from my recent Jingteashop delivery.

Oct 28th, '10, 13:14

by TwoPynts » Oct 28th, '10, 13:14

I mostly drink it at work while along at my computer. Sometimes I chat with co-workers while imbibing. Drinking in a more social setting would be nice, but I like the solitude as well.

Oct 28th, '10, 14:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 28th, '10, 14:50

Very tough question, actually. I am actually quite introverted and thus I do enjoy tea alone. But I also very much enjoy sharing the tea experience with the Mrs. ... and others.

Morning tea is shared with the Mrs. as it was today with a blend of some sencha. And then often alone throughout the day. Sencha Premier currently alone.

Oct 28th, '10, 14:59

by Marco » Oct 28th, '10, 14:59

Hmmm what to vote here?

I really like drinking tea alone - doing my own little ceremony - smelling, tasting, dreaming, enjoying the moment.
You really seldom learn to know someone with whom you just can enjoy a moment for itself - if you know what I mean - otherwise this is like brabelling :)
And yes there are times I'd really like to share my tea with others - but I know little teafriends and when I talk about tea most of my friends get bored.
And NOT to forget - I really really enjoy drinking tea with you all my teafriends from teachat :)
It is great to read your thoughts and have a look at your pictures. And reading through this thread I could feel with everyone here. There are great folks around :)

so cheers and enjoy your cup
Marco

P.S: there is some Pai Mu Tan in my cup

Oct 28th, '10, 15:07

by gargoylekitty » Oct 28th, '10, 15:07

Alone is nice and sometimes unavoidable, but drinking tea with others is always a pleasant experience.

Drinking some from my stash of mystery Chinese greens(a gift from my aunt). Can't quite pin down what this one is.

Oct 28th, '10, 15:21

by Seeker » Oct 28th, '10, 15:21

Other.
Tho most days my teatime is solo.
But in terms of preference, well, that depends on my mood and internal needs.
Sometimes I prefer solo, other times I prefer to be in contact with others in the enjoyment and appreciation of tea.

Cheers.

Oct 28th, '10, 17:02

by Chubseus » Oct 28th, '10, 17:02

Hmm. I put yes/no. It’s nice to have company, but I usually find myself to be the only one drinking tea. Since it’s not like I’m enjoying the tea along with someone, tea time alone seems to be about the same and just as enjoyable.

My gf has no love for the leaf (of any kind), and so I sip alone. But last night she said my tea smelled buttery. A very high complement from someone who will pick minced herbs and onions out of her dinner (even my lasagna…). I danced on the inside.

Sipping guricha at work…