Autumn 2010 Tie Guan Yin

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Oct 29th, '10, 20:22
Scrolling: scrolling

Autumn 2010 Tie Guan Yin

by Herb_Master » Oct 29th, '10, 20:22

I was browsing around various tea sites looking for anything new.

When chanced on Wan Ling UK - to find
Tie Guan Yin Autumn Harvest 2010.

Bringing the Wan Ling Tea House collection of beautiful QingXiang (light and fragrant) style Tie Guan Yin teas direct from the mountains of AnXi, FuJian. Freshly harvested in September and early October. For the freshest Oolong tea online.
Wow that seems quick :shock:

I remember when I bought Summer TGY from Rich Barbarian in late December and when several other Chatters jumped on board in mid January it had changed to Autumn tea.

And Wanling is offering Tea harvested in September and October in Late October :roll: :roll: :roll:

No they are not, clicking on the section to find teas and prices revealed no items :( :(

Casting around I found the following News Item from October 13
Autumn Tie Guan Yin: Update (13/10/2010 @ 08:00:50)
An update for the Tie Guan Yin lovers out there. Wan Ling's Mum and sister are now in inner AnXi. Wan Ling's sister has already send some samples back for us to try. Looking promising.

For those that don't know, Wan Ling's mum works picking the teas during the morning and in the afternoon/evenings removes stalks and sorts the leaves from the previous days harvest.

Not sure when we'll get the teas to the UK. All being well sometime around the beginning of November. Remember members of our mailing list get advanced notice and the chance to buy before everyone else. Are you signed up? Join the Wan Ling Tea House mailing list today.

Well the beginning of November is still PDQ

I will have to wait and see when it is really available for order :D

Oct 30th, '10, 02:47

Re: Autumn 2010 Tie Guan Yin

by Alex » Oct 30th, '10, 02:47

Yeah I was looking for this too and could find nothing.. Just put in a little order yesterday for some more jiu jiu jiu.

Nov 1st, '10, 04:56

by skilfautdire » Nov 1st, '10, 04:56

Herb_Master wrote:And Wanling is offering Tea harvested in September and October in Late October :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yunnansourcing is offering Autumn 2010 imperial-grade TGY.

http://www.yunnansourcing.com/store/pro ... oduct=1457

Nov 1st, '10, 07:06

by Herb_Master » Nov 1st, '10, 07:06

Whilst waiting for the YS link to open, I was musing to myself.

Well Spring is Spring and you can't pick new leaves until there are some new leaves, the dormancy of winter means everyone has to wait!

However the choice of Autumn picking must be broader, some even call the late picking Winter Harvest. Some even throw in an early summer and a late summer harvest.

Then I read Scott's words :shock:
This is the highest grade of Tie Guan Yin normally available. Picked in a small window of just 2 days during the spring and autumn harvest and hand-processed in small batches to achieve a high level of aroma and full Guan Yin taste! Also known as AAA Grade!
Given this is only the Imperial grade, but what determines the 2 day window?

Nov 1st, '10, 11:09

by Alex » Nov 1st, '10, 11:09

Well I got some jiu jiu jiu dispatched today from wanling so will update with its picked day....I think that's on the box they come in?
Last edited by Alex on Dec 13th, '10, 04:34, edited 1 time in total.

Nov 1st, '10, 11:21

by Nenugal » Nov 1st, '10, 11:21

Zensuji wrote:Well I got some jiu jiu jiu dispatched today from wangling so will update with its picked day....I think that's on the box they come in?
I'll be very interested to hear if the new jiu jiu jiu is as wonderful as the spring 2010 version!

Nov 3rd, '10, 08:06

by Alex » Nov 3rd, '10, 08:06

Well the box said 2010 spring but inside the packs looked different then the last batch I had. Its very nice...might be different but I had a cold back when I had the last lot so can say for sure.
CIMG7436.JPG
CIMG7436.JPG (59.77 KiB) Viewed 3651 times

Nov 3rd, '10, 09:05

by Herb_Master » Nov 3rd, '10, 09:05

Did you buy it through the special existing customer's mechanism?

The 2010 Autumn is not on general release yet,

email from James
As the evening draw in, Wan Ling Tea House is pleased to bring you new Autumn harvest Tie Guan Yin direct from the mountains of Fujian, China.

Look out for our range of Qing Xiang Tie Guan Yin;

RED – Hong Xin Te Chun

YELLOW – Jiu Jiu Jiu

BLUE – Te Ji ‘Special Grade’

SILVER – Bai Mu Dan ‘Wan Ling Guan Yin’

VALUE – Li Li Li Xiang

As ever, members of our mailing list receive early notice of the arrival of our new season teas. We have expressed shipped a small number which should arrive mid-week. Order now to avoid delays. Follow the links above or log into the new Wan Ling Tea House website for exclusive access. These teas will not be generally available until late November.

Pass on the word. New customers creating an account will be able to access these tea – share with a friend. Sign up for more offers and promotions: http://www.wanlingteahouse.com/register

Happy Tea Drinking,

James and the Wan Ling Tea House team.

Nov 3rd, '10, 14:18

by Alex » Nov 3rd, '10, 14:18

Herb_Master wrote:Did you buy it through the special existing customer's mechanism?

The 2010 Autumn is not on general release yet,

email from James
As the evening draw in, Wan Ling Tea House is pleased to bring you new Autumn harvest Tie Guan Yin direct from the mountains of Fujian, China.

Look out for our range of Qing Xiang Tie Guan Yin;

RED – Hong Xin Te Chun

YELLOW – Jiu Jiu Jiu

BLUE – Te Ji ‘Special Grade’

SILVER – Bai Mu Dan ‘Wan Ling Guan Yin’

VALUE – Li Li Li Xiang

As ever, members of our mailing list receive early notice of the arrival of our new season teas. We have expressed shipped a small number which should arrive mid-week. Order now to avoid delays. Follow the links above or log into the new Wan Ling Tea House website for exclusive access. These teas will not be generally available until late November.

Pass on the word. New customers creating an account will be able to access these tea – share with a friend. Sign up for more offers and promotions: http://www.wanlingteahouse.com/register

Happy Tea Drinking,

James and the Wan Ling Tea House team.

No just bought it direct off the website.

Dec 11th, '10, 07:22
Vendor Member

by Wan Ling » Dec 11th, '10, 07:22

TGY lovers. Thanks for your support. Just stumbled on your post here and thought we'd clear up a few things.

Zensuji & Herb master are pretty sharp! Wan Ling Tea House expressed shipped a small batch back our existing customers. For those who hadn't logged in to their account they would have noted the Autumn section was empty (thought should have seen a note about registering an account - need to make it bigger next time :D )

Our Autumn tea was first in stock early November. General availability was released early December - we try to get these to you as soon as we can. As ever our existing customers get priority.

Zensuji, Wan Ling apologies about the packaging. Unfortunately her sister ran out of the 8g pouches part way through the packing - the box was right and the tea was the same.

Again thanks for your support. We look forward to bring you lots of new Tie Guan Yin. BTW - remind us after Christmas. Wan Ling will have a special re-baked 2008 Te Ji. She has a new toy and this is the first of some yummy surprises which we will keep for special customers only. Also we have some 8 year old (probably 10 yr old) aged TGY in a very limited edition batch.

Happy Christmas and happy tea drinking.

Wan Ling Tea House

Dec 13th, '10, 04:37

by Alex » Dec 13th, '10, 04:37

Thanks James.

I'm loving Wan Ling at the moment. My favourite UK supplier. Thanks for the info and anyone else reading this I urge you to order some of their TGY. Its awesome :)

Dec 13th, '10, 04:49

by Nenugal » Dec 13th, '10, 04:49

Zensuji wrote:Thanks James.

I'm loving Wan Ling at the moment. My favourite UK supplier. Thanks for the info and anyone else reading this I urge you to order some of their TGY. Its awesome :)
+1

Dec 13th, '10, 18:49

by Herb_Master » Dec 13th, '10, 18:49

Thanks for the update James, I am surrounded by lots of good tea at the moment :dan Cong, Yan Cha and Sheng - soon I will be needing more Anxi TGY.

Dec 14th, '10, 16:39

by iannon » Dec 14th, '10, 16:39

I had a TKY in the past..and darnit if i can remember where from..that had such a nice orchid aroma/taste to it..everything i have had since has been more on the honeysuckle side (thus to my tastes very different).. am i crazy? cant seem to find that old flavor again.

Dec 31st, '10, 08:17

by Tead Off » Dec 31st, '10, 08:17

Just purchased some Classic TGY harvested in October in Anxi from my local supplier. Light roasted, whole leaf, retaining the sweet complex green flavor while adding that delicious roasted depth to it. Really good. Hmm.

+ Post Reply