Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic


Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby Chip » Nov 2nd, '10, 19:43

Alan, I will answer your question hopefully in my conclusion to the whole ordeal.

My conclusions are ... this is not about a single incident. I can list at least 7 separate yet intertwined incidents ... it is inexcusable. I consider the entire series of episodes to be unfortunate and completely avoidable. There is a remedy, Dan can contact me directly via email with sincere intent to resolve.

Yuuki-cha has acted without honor, unprofessionally, and the list of offenses is so long that I do not fault anyone for questioning my comments, experiences. It is surreal to even me. But what motive do I have to make this stuff up? All the while I am actively supporting as many vendors as possible.

Yuuki-cha has also acted stupidly. I go out of my way to promote vendors, this is why I created the TeaVendor Guide and OTTI, etc. They have just shot themselves in the foot.

There can be no OTTI that includes Yuuki-cha offerings. I could not even if I wanted to. Plus they apparently do not want any possible exposure that could possibly not be 100% positive.

Had this occurred to any other credible member of TeaChat in good standing, I would not recommend the vendor to any others, period. Whether the vendor has good tea or not, I would not order from them, but would certainly not fault others who did.

Since this did occur to me and I moderate the forum, I have actually bit my tongue more times than you will ever know. TeaChat is pretty much a free TeaSpeech zone as long as the posts are factual (per forum rules located under Introductions). Members (and I am a member too) may certainly post positively glowing reviews of Yuuki-cha, but I can and will counter on a consistent basis. Not grudgingly, not out of vengeance (as they have acted), but of the need to also disclose the other side of this vendor, the side that I know.

I will certainly not dictate what anybody wants to say about Yuuki-cha, and I will not be restricted either. This is a forum after all. My comments are not intended to ridicule or harass any member of TeaChat. Period.

This does not mean if a member comments that they are drinking "X" tea from Yuuki-cha. However if there is a recommendation for a Yuuki-cha tea posted in response to a question, I will do what I feel I must because I would not want anyone to experience any of the "special" treatments I have experienced.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22089
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby alan logan » Nov 2nd, '10, 20:12

yeah I understand your position, thanks for the answer, but at the same time it could lead to the result that you say to others "my story is your story", "my case is your case" if you do that every time yuuki-cha is mentioned.

Were it the case of a thief (or conman or something like that) for instance that would be different because every potential buyer would be in some "danger", even if only one person here had been scammed. So blowing the whistle again and again would be understandable. But here it is not a case like that where any customer would be sure to become the victim of wrong doing. there is no such reason for generalizing (although you may feel there is at least some basis to do so).

But it is indeed not easy to draw the line between what is merely conviction and what is other than conviction or a strong feeling. So let's agree that you and me don't see the line exactly at the same place in this case.
alan logan
 
Posts: 147
Joined: May 3rd, '1
Location: france

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby Chip » Nov 2nd, '10, 20:58

I can agree to disagree, no problem.

Were it the case of a thief (or conman or something like that) for instance that would be different because every potential buyer would be in some "danger", even if only one person here had been scammed.

But make no mistake about it. Yuuki-cha held my funds on 2 occasions when they never intended to deliver the product. One time for virtually a month, I had to write more than once each time to at least get my money back, though I made it clear I would accept product. I had to ultimately threaten to take it to paypal.

The second time they would not even acknowledge nor confirm I had ordered (they would say NOTHING< NADA< ZILCH), but they had over 200 USD in their paypal account of my money. And I emailed them several times asking for confirmation for which they said NOTHING< NADA< ZILCH.

Here you go, some more. Under weighed packages contents which I reported to the seller, no reply.

These are black and white incidents which I wrote about on page 3. I could easily go on ... but I am done making a case. I am also done being made to feel like an ass when I am a victim. Believe what you will, the truth is out there.

I do have to wonder if you would feel the same way if it was you who was the victim???

there is no such reason for generalizing

I am definitely not generalizing. I am being as specific as I feel I want to be under the circumstances. I have outlined fact after fact in a very detailed and thought out series of posts (page 3).

I have made it very clear that these were my own personal experiences. And I have everything to back it up. Even the guy's IP who PMed me. I could practically drive up to his house.

Done ...
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22089
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby alan logan » Nov 2nd, '10, 21:22

look, my point was not to say "cool it's nothing much" and you reply in that perspective. my post does not say that.
alan logan
 
Posts: 147
Joined: May 3rd, '1
Location: france

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby Chip » Nov 2nd, '10, 21:31

alan logan wrote:look, my point was not to say "cool it's nothing much" and you reply in that perspective. my post does not say that.

You said before my post ...

Were it the case of a thief (or conman or something like that) for instance that would be different because every potential buyer would be in some "danger", even if only one person here had been scammed

You are clearly making light of my experience. What must a vendor do to me in order to justify warning members?

Taking money, shorting in weight (this to everyone I presume) ... perhaps this is OK? Do you like getting ripped off in weight of tea purchased? Do you like vendors taking your money and making you beg or threaten to get it back?
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22089
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby Herb_Master » Nov 2nd, '10, 21:48

:( :( :( :( :(
User avatar
Herb_Master
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 4th, '0
Location: Stockport, England

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby alan logan » Nov 2nd, '10, 22:11

no, I am not making light of your experience.
on the example you give, you experienced a refusal of business and contact, dealy in refund, not an intended scam. A delay in refund is most unpleasant but it does not mean they intended to keep the money for good and would have done so. At most you can very reasonably assume negligence from them and legitimately consider it bad practice (because technically a vendor can trigger a refund any time, unless accounting administrative processes define delays, which can happen in international transactions, but which also does not systematically happen), but scam, no : honestly this is not realistic.

delays seem to have been the same the 2 times (I don't think were it me I would have sent money again), which may indicate some administrative reason for this (=it would be the way their accounting works). if some other customer was refunded in a normal context, it would be interesting to know how long it took.

(edit) oops.. i was forgetting the weight. "rip off" also seems a bit excessive to me (don't jump), some loss of humidity may have occurred after the tea was packed or maybe in the process the weight of the thing contained in the bag (forgot the english name of that) was included (could be an automated process with total weight taken in account, filling stops when weight X is obtained, whatever is in the bags)... but evidently on this only the vendor could explain. wait... they did not. yeah, lack in communication. they should have answered on that. see ? not making light of it.
all I am saying here is that in the story some things have no possible rational explanation, but other things have a possible rational explanation.
Last edited by alan logan on Nov 2nd, '10, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
alan logan
 
Posts: 147
Joined: May 3rd, '1
Location: france

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby Herb_Master » Nov 2nd, '10, 22:17

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
User avatar
Herb_Master
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 4th, '0
Location: Stockport, England

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby Chip » Nov 2nd, '10, 22:24

Deliberate delays = what? And how long would you be willing to wait, keeping in mind that we are talking about 100's of USD? And the entire time the vendor refusing to reply to emails asking what's up? This is not some admin mix up. Don't be naive. Had it been just some admin mishap, they would have certainly emailed and apologized for the delay.

And how much in shortages in your bags of tea is acceptable?

If this is OK with you, that is fine. I consider the offences to be of a more egregious nature since there was clear intent on their part. And failing to respond to requests for product or money would likely have resulted in a call to the police if this was a B&M store.

Bottom line, I was targeted for special treatment through the entire process. Believe this or not. I am telling you this is fact. Treating 99 customers like royalty and treating one like s**t.

Bottom line, this has given me the right to share my experience, feel free to counter each time ...
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22089
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby brlarson » Nov 2nd, '10, 22:50

Herb_Master wrote::( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(


Herb, I couldn't agree with you more.

Alan, could you please change the subject?

Thanks in advance.
brlarson
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Nov 7th, '0
Location: Boston Area

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby alan logan » Nov 2nd, '10, 22:57

not countering, just answering. you did not seem to be satisfied with a possible conclusion that we draw the lines on different places so I answered to your posts going back to the story.

Now you are doing as if I were denying the whole thing, have you noticed ?
what I said in answer is simple and clearly expressed. some things in the story are on the irrational side and I am absolutely not telling you it's ok, some other things have a possible and likely rational explanation.

sorry Briarson (just saw you post), I am answering to Chip who himself answered to a question I asked. I at first absolutely did not bring back the subject (cf thread on matcha), and offered a "let's agree we differ on the way things can be seen" conclusion to the subject. which seems a reasonable conclusion.
alan logan
 
Posts: 147
Joined: May 3rd, '1
Location: france

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby AdamMY » Nov 2nd, '10, 23:20

alan logan wrote:not countering, just answering. you did not seem to be satisfied with a possible conclusion that we draw the lines on different places so I answered to your posts going back to the story.

Now you are doing as if I were denying the whole thing, have you noticed ?
what I said in answer is simple and clearly expressed. some things in the story are on the irrational side and I am absolutely not telling you it's ok, some other things have a possible and likely rational explanation.

sorry Briarson (just saw you post), I am answering to Chip who himself answered to a question I asked. I at first absolutely did not bring back the subject (cf thread on matcha), and offered a "let's agree we differ on the way things can be seen" conclusion to the subject. which seems a reasonable conclusion.


While there could be explanations for a lot of the things that happened to Chip, there are several things which make no sense.

1. Lack of communication.

I do not always contact vendors, but on the vendors side of things they should always seek to have good communication with their customers, especially when there is a problem to resolve. In fact I would be happier with Yuuki-cha should they have sent Chip an email flat out saying " We have decided to never send you our product again, so do not even try purchasing from us again." As even that statement offers some closure even if there is no other explanation as to why they decided to black list Chip.

2. Accepting payment, without sending product.

This makes no sense from a business perspective, unless he feels he is assured that he has nothing to fear from bad word of mouth from anyone he has chosen to do this to. Supposing it was an inventory error or ordering error should cause many more concerns than having it actually be an answer, and even then it goes back to lack of communication.

Basically while I hate to keep on being reminded of this story, I feel it is somewhat justified as most of us order teas as we need them especially with more time sensitive Japanese greens, and I would be really annoyed if this post or anything else I have said about this vendor gets me black listed, and I tried to place an order from them, get no responses when trying to contact the vendor, and have it take roughly a month to get the money back so I could order from another vendor.
User avatar
AdamMY
 
Posts: 2353
Joined: Jul 22nd, '
Location: Capital of the Mitten

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby Uji » Dec 22nd, '10, 23:14

I order so many different Sencha from this Yuuki-cha. They answer all my questions and emails very fast and the tea arrive to me in 2 days !!!. Maybe there is a problem with your post service ? They have so far the best organic Sencha and Houjicha I have tasted in many years and the service is also the best. Dan is very nice to email with and he helps very much to understand the different tea. The Sae Midori and Magokoro are excellent and best delicious taste. I think the Okuyutaka is a best buy Internet Sencha and the Houjicha is good too. I really like the new Benifuki black organic tea which is so special you must try this. I hope you try this Yuuki-Cha again because they have the best organic Sencha in the Internet !!!
:D :D :D

Please try again Yuuki-cha you will be happy for the best organic tea !!!
Uji
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Nov 16th, '

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby Chip » Dec 22nd, '10, 23:33

Uji wrote:I order so many different Sencha from this Yuuki-cha. They answer all my questions and emails very fast and the tea arrive to me in 2 days !!!. Maybe there is a problem with your post service ?


No, the problem is clearly with Yuuki-Cha, and Dan to be specific.

Uji wrote:Dan is very nice to email with and he helps very much to understand the different tea.


It must be nice to receive the courtesy of a response. He does NOT treat everyone so professionally.

Uji wrote:I hope you try this Yuuki-Cha again because they have the best organic Sencha in the Internet !!!
:D :D :D

Please try again Yuuki-cha you will be happy for the best organic tea !!!

Best organic Sencha on the Internet? Yet you have only been drinking organic tea for 3 weeks? And since you are on TeaChat for that entire period, and I have not seen a single mention of you tasting a Yuuki-Cha tea, I find the claim that you think they are the best organic sensational.

How many other vendor's organics have you tried? From your posts, this was the first experience with organics. "Best" indicates that you have objectively tried the all the rest on the internet and Y-C's are the best of all the organics you have tried.

Uji wrote:Best drinking organic tea is the Ippodo


Oh wait, on 12/18/10 (and also on 12/17), you did also try the "best drinking organic tea," but what, you say it is Ippodo?

And on your list of favorite Japanese teas, I see no mention of Yuuki-Cha.

I find your post here to be ... odd.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22089
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Postby Uji » Dec 23rd, '10, 11:49

Ippodo is last week tea taste you have good memory for tea! Now I have orders from my best 7 company list here for the Tea chat website and tried organic tea from every company possible except I don't think it is correct to talk about the tea that is no good for me that is why I talk about the best tea for me. This is true what tea I like maybe some people do not like. For other organic tea companys I do not like the organic tea if i am honest to say but it is not correct for me to say the name from the companys!!!!!
Uji
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Nov 16th, '

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation