Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?


Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby JRS22 » Nov 4th, '10, 13:49

Tai Ping Hou Kui from Jing Tea Shop. I think I put too much leaf in and it didn't stand on end as it did the other day. Next time, less tea and more photos.
User avatar
JRS22
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Nov 7th, '0

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Chip » Nov 4th, '10, 13:53

JRS22 wrote:Tai Ping Hou Kui from Jing Tea Shop. I think I put too much leaf in and it didn't stand on end as it did the other day. Next time, less tea and more photos.

Ohhhh, this is getting better yet. I really like LAGP, but really love TPHK. Never had Jing's! But these two are 2 of my fave 4 Chinese greens.

Yeah, be sure to take some photos. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22091
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby NOESIS » Nov 4th, '10, 14:03

Chip wrote:
NOESIS wrote:Lu An Gua Pian from Jing Tea Shop.

Excellent choice! Wish I had some on hand ...

Any photos by any chance?


Sorry, Chip. At work and don't have a camera here. I brought my last few pots worth to finish off. Now I notice that JTS has sold out of it. Knew that I should have picked up an extra 100g bag. :(
NOESIS
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Chip » Nov 4th, '10, 15:41

NOESIS wrote:Sorry, Chip. At work and don't have a camera here. I brought my last few pots worth to finish off. Now I notice that JTS has sold out of it. Knew that I should have picked up an extra 100g bag. :(

Thanks anyway!

Kame Jirushi Gyokuro ... Choun Gyokuro set.

Image

The leaves after around 3 steeps are still very green. They will be eaten with a little soy sauce after a few more steeps!

Image
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22091
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby entropyembrace » Nov 4th, '10, 16:12

Yame Gyokuro from O-cha....lots of Umami...tastes like seaweed! :mrgreen:
User avatar
entropyembrace
 
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mar 3rd, '0

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby NOESIS » Nov 4th, '10, 16:32

entropyembrace wrote:Yame Gyokuro from O-cha....lots of Umami...tastes like seaweed! :mrgreen:


That Gyokuro is a really good value. Two thumbs up!
NOESIS
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Nenugal » Nov 5th, '10, 03:39

Today's green is Organic Asamushi Sencha "Warashina Supreme" from O-cha, it is my first taste of this one and I like it very much! It is part of my attempt to find out the differences between Asamushi and Fukamushi. The Fuka variant of the "project" is Kagoshima Sencha Yutaka Midori "Kaoru Supreme LE", which turned out to be an instant favourite.
User avatar
Nenugal
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Aug 6th, '1
Location: Norway

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Chip » Nov 5th, '10, 10:17

Nenugal wrote:Today's green is Organic Asamushi Sencha "Warashina Supreme" from O-cha, it is my first taste of this one and I like it very much! It is part of my attempt to find out the differences between Asamushi and Fukamushi. The Fuka variant of the "project" is Kagoshima Sencha Yutaka Midori "Kaoru Supreme LE", which turned out to be an instant favourite.

Excellent. :mrgreen:

This is also what we are doing with the dueling OTTIs 7 & 8. Asamushi versus fukamushi. I love them both, and try to have examples of each open all the time. :idea:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22091
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Chip » Nov 6th, '10, 09:40

Maruyama Asamushi from Maiko. Mid grade asa that has a bangin' good first steep. It has a deep umami thing going on which quickly fades on successive steeps. Also an easy brewer, nothing finicky about it.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22091
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby puerhking » Nov 6th, '10, 12:07

O-Cha Yutaka Midori Kaoru Supreme LE

Only two sessions left...but even the end of the bag is fantastic.
User avatar
puerhking
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Jul 7th, '0
Location: I have no idea

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Mrs. Chip » Nov 6th, '10, 12:13

puerhking wrote:O-Cha Yutaka Midori Kaoru Supreme LE

Only two sessions left...but even the end of the bag is fantastic.

Hopefully this will be the next tea I will be drinking with Chip when I get home from work.

Yeah, it is fantastic! 8)
User avatar
Mrs. Chip
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Apr 27th, '

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby puerhking » Nov 6th, '10, 12:33

You two must have a smorgasbord to choose from! :lol:
User avatar
puerhking
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Jul 7th, '0
Location: I have no idea

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Mrs. Chip » Nov 6th, '10, 12:37

puerhking wrote:You two must have a smorgasbord to choose from! :lol:

:shock: I'm not tellin'! :lol:
User avatar
Mrs. Chip
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Apr 27th, '

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby debunix » Nov 6th, '10, 15:14

Just finished some morning sencha--Honyama from Yuuki-cha.

Plotting a trip to Wing Hop Fung, to see if I can score another on the famous teas list. I haven't yet tried any version of --Liu An Gua Pian or Xin Yang Mao Jian--and have only had Mao Feng from Yunnan, not Huang Shan Mao Feng.
User avatar
debunix
 
Posts: 4976
Joined: Jan 10th, '
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby laura99 » Nov 7th, '10, 12:44

Yutaka Midori "Kaoru Supreme LE" in my cup this morning. Its being enjoyed in my new favorite Hagi cup.

Image
User avatar
laura99
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Mar 4th, '1
Location: NC, USA

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation